Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so 2006 has been pretty shitty (got my heart shattered, then treated like shit for a couple months, car died a couple times, parents are getting a divorce now, the ex plays mind games with me, my main friend just left for the army, i didnt get into the school i wanted to, and now my car has died once again) so it has gotten worse.

I went outside this evening to start my car and it wont turn over. It's like when a fuel kill switch is on and wont allow the car to start. But the switch is off so the car can start but it's not starting. So would my fuel pump be bad? Also, when I have been filling up the last couple of times the gas needle doesnt go all the way up, maybe that's just coinsidence. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is not turning over or it is but it is not starting?

I had a year like that too man. Its just life. My dad died and my gf dumped me for a friend and then pretended that she did not know me. You just have to push through it.

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, thanks for the support...life is hard and I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you.

It's turning over, just not starting. Lights are fine so the battery is good. Alternator is good because I just put it in 2-3 weeks ago so it's brand new. All I can think of is the fuel pump since it's not getting fuel to the engine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dude I feel ya. No my girl didn't dump me but in fact it was our 5 year anniversery. So I get all cleaned up take off to start the day. She has an 88 civic hb rims/kit/lights/exhaust/etc two blocks up the sucker turns off WTF! no spark so I figure distibutor. luckily I lived two blocks away and we walked home to get my 93 civic. I know alot of poeple alot with honda's and pick a distibutor just up the street and when we get back the fucking hatch window
was bashed in and the speaker box hanging out. They couldn't get it the box out it was two big and that shit sucks. Anywho the problem with the car was the main relay it should click three times if it doesn't thats your problem.

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i turn the key in the on position w/o turning the car on and i should hear a click? i dont hear a click or the fuel pump...so i dont know what is up. just kind of weird how there was no warning. where is the main relay located? i wonder if i can take the one off my dad's vx and have it work. thanks again for the help...

yeah my ex broke up with me over the phone after a year and 7 months and then hooked up with a new guy a week later after she said she wanted to be single to live the college life and he lives just down the road from me and i see her car there and it kills me every time. life blows then you die...that's what i'm realizing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
klungemonger said:
Hey look at it this way...just be thankful you had your eyes opened to who she really is after all that time. Better than getting even deeper & even marrying then having her pull that stuff. And then a lame lie for an excuse...count your blessings you're out from under a trap you probably had no idea you were in.
this is my very first post and i felt very obliged (sp?) to join after reading what you posted. thats a really good and true way to look at it... jsut wanted to say that. :p

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
drk_fly said:
this is my very first post and i felt very obliged (sp?) to join after reading what you posted. thats a really good and true way to look at it... jsut wanted to say that. :p
thanks...and welcome to SHO too.

It can take a while to land the right girl for you...I had some painful trial and error when I was young, but when I got more mature and looked for the right qualities that were important to me, I found something that will last. This summer I celebrate my 10-yr anniversary. Think about what you need from a relationship, and also what you have to give in one, and don't lower your standards to be with just anyone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
man you have had bad luck, ive had some shitty times like you before, like last year i almost hooked up with a decent girl and my brother got her, wtf "who does that", but ya ide check your pump, fuse, and when you change the pump if that is it, dont be like all my friends and cut a hole in your car, do it the right way even if it takes an hour or so more

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the support guys. i told her today that i dont want to deal with her shit anymore because it just adds to the rest of the shit i have to deal with :) at least her giving me shit i have control over and i am ending it...too bad she has the yankees/redsox tickets i bought! oh well, life goes on.

i ordered a new (used) pump because i'm pretty sure that's what the problem is. push starting doesnt work either, i tried that too. anyone know how to install it? i know the cover under the rear seat to gets to it because i dealt with it a little bit when i installed my kill switch...other then that i have no clue.

also, i'm not getting notification emails anymore, anyone else having that problem?

·
Registered
518 Posts
my bad now thinking of it you can get to the pump without droping the tank, my friend just took a dremel to his accord to get to the pump out, but give up the girl

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
It's pretty simple to swap the pump. Disconnect the battery (don't want any sparks while your in the tank!) Pull the seat bottom out, remove the pump cover plate. Remove the pump bolts (should be 6 iirc...) and lift that sucker out of there. Disconnect the plugs of course. Depending on what pump you ordered there may be specific instructions on putting it in, but in general it's pretty evident just by looking at it once you have it out.

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
93FFciviclx said:
May sound stupid but did you check your alternator fuse?
i didnt even know there was a fuse for the alternator, where is it? under the hood or in the cabin? I checked all my fuses in the fuse boxes and they are all good. Hopefully it's just the fuel pump and nothing more then that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's the starter signal fuse if it is blown it will affect the main relay at least it did on my 91 hb. Have you checked for spark could be your ignition coil mine went on my 93 civic a year ago .

·
Registered
518 Posts
my ecu fuse went out once and it would just turn over, i ripped the distrubitor off and went through all the peices in there they were good, so i checked the fuse, :bash

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.