Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i bought a 97 del sol s (automatic, yeah i know...) for 2.5g's with 180k on it with all intentions of dropping a b18c and 5 speed in it. 4 days after i bought it (in october) there was an ice storm, and i slid off the road in a slow speed "accident". I fucked up my passenger door, side marker and bumper, and miss aligned the front end a tiny bit. I got quote at 500 bucks to fix everything (mind you this is with me buying my own parts, which i did).

El Dio Sol: Bone stock.... for now, mods to come - Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

page one is the day i bought it, 2 is after the accident, and 3 are the parts i bought for it.

Now, I am having a really hard time finding parts, and to save me from trolling through all the posts about stuff for sale on here, can anyone help me find a new hood latch and new hinges for my hood? Maybe not costing an arm and a legg too, that would help seeing as im a broke ass person.

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a magnet, and it means beginner driver/new driver/JDM beginner. But you knew that already didn't you? you were hoping i would say "idk? but i saw it on another car so i bought one". please. seriously i just need help finding these parts, i feel bad for fucking up my car and desperately want it fixed.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Try a dealership for all the parts you need. If they dont have it in stock, they will get them shipped to their dealership within a matter of days.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
6 74120-SR2-000 LOCK ASSY., HOOD 1 1997 DEL SOL 44.40 33.29

3 60120-SR2-000ZZ HINGE, R. HOOD 1 1997 DEL SOL 35.78 26.84

4 60170-SR2-000ZZ HINGE, L. HOOD 1 1997 DEL SOL 35.78 26.84

115.96 listed price total 86.97 sale/current price total

EDIT first price is listed, second is current or sale price.

all prices from
My Honda Parts Store - Genuine Honda Parts at Wholesale Prices

BTW your response to nappy's question wasnt necessary, it was a simple question. He wasnt making fun of you or your car.

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Glad to help. Whats this website for if not to either humiliate or help people? :lmao

· Banned
41,334 Posts
its a magnet, and it means beginner driver/new driver/JDM beginner. But you knew that already didn't you? you were hoping i would say "idk? but i saw it on another car so i bought one". please. seriously i just need help finding these parts, i feel bad for fucking up my car and desperately want it fixed.
Hmm No I didnt know but it seems to fit

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car went into the shop today, body getting pulled straight, passanger door getting replaced, bumper getting replaced, mirrors getting replaced, corner lights getting replaced. I get is back on friday, pictures that day.

**Edit**
SOOOOOOO HAPPPY!!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Good deal. If they let you keep the old bumper, let me know how its damaged, as long as it has good mounting points I might be interested in buying it, as I havent had any luck finding a decent bumper for less than 50 bucks (max Im willing to spend, cheapass-bloodlines :lol)

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good deal. If they let you keep the old bumper, let me know how its damaged, as long as it has good mounting points I might be interested in buying it, as I havent had any luck finding a decent bumper for less than 50 bucks (max Im willing to spend, cheapass-bloodlines :lol)
its got a big dent and crack in the passanger side, nothing else it wrong with it. if they let me keep it ill let you know. ill get rid of it for like 30 bucks tops. I also have an OEM passanger side marker that i bought for 60, decided i wanted to go with the amber corners and bought them instead. so if anyones interested in that lemme know, i paid 60+shipping, im willing to get rid of it for 25+shipping.

PIC:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.