Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st race of the season was yesterday, and i went w/ my buddy who has a teggy in the same class (STS), but he came in last :noo

and considering this was only my 4-5th event TOTAL, i say "BAHHHH" to all of you saying its not possible to be competitive your first season :bash :w00t
:hug

http://www.autox4u.com/2006results/3252006nnjr.htm
(street touring tire) :D :D :D :D :D

sorry, i'm just super ecstatic over this!!!!
the only thing that sucks is it wasn't for points, so it doesn't mean shit :(

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
congratulations!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to dog you or anything but:

your car is not sts legal

beating a class by over 3 seconds tells you something about your competition

all of a sudden being 3 seconds faster than your average times tells you something about your driving

keep it up though i'm glad you're enjoying it...our first top trophy is always the ones we remember =)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what class is it then?? i thought it fell under these guidlines (other than not being a sedan)

"If your car is a normally aspirated sedan (four seats, four factory seatbelts, not sports-car derived) of 3.1 Liters or less, or one of a few small turbocharged cars specified in the rules, and perhaps prepared further than allowed in Stock Category, it may be eligible for one of the Street Touring Classes. Street Touring - S is an SCCA National class, but Street Touring-R is an optional Regional only class. Street Touring allows anything allowed in Stock, plus (roughly) these modifications:
Any shocks, struts, and springs, using original attachment points
Any sway bars
Any wheels up to 7.5" in width that fit over stock brakes
Tires up to and including a width of 225, with a treadwear rating of 140 or greater.
Strut bars/braces as allowed in Street Prepared.
Exhaust system downstream of catalytic converter(s)
Short throw shift kits
Spoilers, body kits, rear wings, etc.
Pedal kits and other interior cosmetic accessories
Alternate brakes pads and linings
Any fully padded and upholstered front seats with reclining seat backs
Removal of factory trim (rub strips, emblems)
Alternate steering wheels of any diameter, otherwise meeting Stock rules
Cross drilled and/or slotted brake rotors
Alternate air cleaner enclosures
No limited slip differentials except factory viscous coupler type units
Stock brake calipers/drums
Fenders may not be cut or flared (but specific modifications for tires OK)
Emission-legal headers
Emission legal modifications to Engine management system, either electronic or mehanical, but not both.
Engine and transmission must remain unmodified, including emissions equipment

unless my clutch and fw put me in another class?? :confused

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
what class is it then?? i thought it fell under these guidlines (other than not being a sedan)

unless my clutch and fw put me in another class?? :confused
aftermarket clutch and flywheel will put you in street prepared and "higher" like sm or something

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shittttttttt, i didn't even THINK about car classification when i was buying my clutch and flywheel :rolleyes

*edit* now that i look @ the other times, i still beat everyone in street modified and prepared :w00t

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
shittttttttt, i didn't even THINK about car classification when i was buying my clutch and flywheel :rolleyes

*edit* now that i look @ the other times, i still beat everyone in street modified and prepared :w00t
that is aWESOME!
but.. heh if you beat everyone in SM with YOUR car
they must SERIOUSLY suck!

our SM and STS are VERY VERY different times wise.. but we have some SM'rs who run national events... again we have sts'rs who run national events also.. so i stick to STS-L where i have compeition but i can and have stomped on it... hopefully next year i can move into the STS catagory.. shall be a matter of how comfortable i am with my ego getting shot! :p

nice to see some more people gettin ginto autox'ing and realizing how awesome it is!!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i'm a lil confused here.....

like the first person in SM had faster times each race, but for the total time, i beat him by 4/10 of a second :confused

does this still mean i woulda beaten him if i were in SM??
cuz it was an evo rs :eek:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
You must have went to the NNJR event?

You cannot do clutch or flywheel upgrades in STS. That would move you to Street Prepared or SM.

Also not to dog on your win (even if you were in SM) that most local events don't show you who you would be REALLY competiting against. Yes a win is a win no matter what, but you don't know your true potential unless you compete at a National Tour or National type event.

The Philly guys are uber competitive and have some very talented drivers. It's because of them that I drive faster than I have in years past. You should attend their 1st event at Ripken Stadium, MD (much nicer than Englishtown's lot) on April 1st.

Ive been running STS (or ST back in 1998-1999) when it was started. Fun class and easy on your back in hot summer days since you don't have to switch tires/wheels (or at least I do not til I get home) :)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks civic :btu

and yea, it was the NNJR event @ e-town.

i guess there's nothing wrong w/ bein in a harder class, i'm out there to have fun anyway :w00t

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd recommend coming down to run with the Philly SCCA tomorrow. They have really good drivers, it's well organized, and only takes half a day. Also, a lot of the best DC area drivers come too.

I'll be running in D-Street Prepared at their Ripken events this year.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm going to watch at the Ripken Stadium one.

Hey Biggins, you in Hagerstown, right? I live in Greencastle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts