Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only has 320k miles on it to!!!!! hehe, its either my winter car when I do work on the accord or gonna fix it and sell it. I am however looking for some info on it. It has a 1.5 ltr motor and manual tranny. Whats the HP and other specs on this motor and tranny? I have to put a new clutch in it and I did my own in my accord so how different is it. I know it has the cable clutch instead of the hydro, but I don't see that as being a problem. Just remove all the shit, disconnect the linkage, loosen some motor mounts and unbolt the tranny right?? Thanks for your help, I really don't want to buy a repair manual for it since I'll probably sell it within a couple months. L8r

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hp specs on the motor are about 70hp (flywheel).....and as for doing the clutch it will be a little easier then your accord because there is less crap in the way on the HF....plus the HF tranny is light as a MO FO.....where do you live at?...maybe i am interested in the car

·
Registered
757 Posts
ive heard the hp at 58, 62, and 65 so i think it is apporximately 65. My bro has one too. Not the fastest thing on earth but hey good for a beater.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like HF's I bought one to fix up(they are slow as crap, but if you're planning a swap, then why not get the lightest model you can.) - can't go wrong with the lightest of the 2nd gen CRX's.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where do you live at?...maybe i am interested in the car
I live in northern Minnesota

Not the fastest thing on earth but hey good for a beater
The exact reason I bought it. Either a winter beater or just fix and sell. The body isn't all that great so no project car. It has plenty of rust in the rear 1/4's and the passenger door is dead. Now, I've never driven a civic/integra anything with the rod linkage shifter, just accords and ludes with the hydro lines, is the shifter supposed to be real stiff, or atleast compared to say mine? Just wondering cuz its no where near as smooth as mine, but then again it has 320k miles on it so who knows. L8r all and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or you could junk the motor and sale that to me. I really need a body to put my motor in, either a civic hatch or crx because I don't really want to sale a perfectly good motor/tranny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.