Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 94 civic hb with a b16 jspec jackson racing ingnition and the coil with the rev limiter stage 3 kevlar clutch and the normal bolt ons but when Im driving in 3rd gear around 2500 rpm my car begins to spit and sputter when I punch it and the exhaust sounds like it wants to go but it wont I think it may have something to do with the ignition or the spark plugs a couple of days ago I was pulling hard and now it almost feels that my 4th gear is harder than my 3rd. It all started when I let my friend drive it and he hit the rev limiter by mistake and it was doing a similiar problem but it was at 5500 rpm but I reset the rev limiter and it also is only suppose to work in the first two gears he also was riding my clutch hard and now my clutch picks up like a normal car which it is still good I hope but before all I had to do is move the clutch a inch and the clutch would pick up I need some help so I can fix this shit over the weekend its ok because his car is almost to the point were he is gonna loose a cylinder

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey man, I'm no expert cuz I've got my own problem to figure out.. so I'm kinda in the same boat.

I've had your problem before, though, so maybe this'll help out. I've got jacobs ignition and coil... and the same symptoms happened to my ride. Some people swore it was the radiator, others said it was a blown head gasket.

To me, it felt like the gas wasn't getting in and it kept sputtering and feeling weak especially at high rpms and higher gears.

It wasn't the gas though. I changed the spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor cap and then it worked fine. (it could have been just one of the above, but I figured I'd change 'em all for the hell of it)

Oh yeah, and believe it or not, I pushing my rev limiter before it happened. All my gauges went down to zero and wouldn't work, and I blew my alternator fuse. You might not have to do this, but I replaced the $4 fuse and reset my ecu.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll see if anyone can help out with my current problem. All that other stuff happened a year ago so they shouldn't be related in any way.

Thing is, my car won't start. THe lights won't turn on either. Assumptions say DEAD BATTERY. Wrong, it's a one year old $200 lightening battery. Testing it shows that it's fully charged, I also tested the alternator about a month ago when the crap started cutting out on me. It is supposedly fine. I'd love for it to be something simple I can just replace... if it were the alternator, would I still be able to crank it after a half-second of touching the cables with jumper cables? It don't take much to crank it, but I've still got to go pop the hood and use a jump-box after it dies. And I mean a half-second is all it needs.

I'm gonna go by some cables, but that's more than likely not my problem. Can somebody help out? Maybe I need to send my ignition kit back in to Jacobs so they can fine tune it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts