Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
wow... you would actually disfigure the car for the intake.... id say sell that shit... and get something else... i wouldnt be caught dead with that if i spent that much money just to find out the fitment was like crap..

if it was me... for a grand... i would have opted for ARC... but to each his own.. i mean the fitment is really getting to me ... -_-... denting the hood for fitment ? for a grand... you shouldnt have to do this

im going to put money on the carbon cracking due to stress and pressure from the hood.... think ive seen it happen before...
The "dent" is hardly noticeable. It made a difference, but not as much as I hoped. The intake is there to stay unless I notice some overheating issues. Then "pissed off" would be an understatement.

Right now, that angled ridge on the hood where the intake sits in was pushed in maybe about 1/8 inch, if that. Any more and it WOULD disfigure the hood. But as it is right now, the car is not "disfigured" in any way. I did more junk to the rear bumper and fenders to keep the tires from rubbing after I lowered it.

Would you consider fender rolling "disfiguring" the car to get wheel/tire to fit? How about trimming the bumper-flange in the rear wheel well? Both were done cleanly, and unless you are really looking for it and compare it to unmodified stock, you wouldn't notice. Same as the hood. I'm not going to cut the hood for this. That WOULD be disfiguring.

But yeah, *sigh*, the intake has proven to be more trouble than it's worth fitment-wise. Performance wise, has yet to be proven, but it certainly feels more powerful.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.