Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i drive my car in the beggining for about the first 10 minutes my is running the way it should be strong and fast,but it seems to me the longer im driving it the weaker and slower it gets until finally it overheats, i just want to know if radiator is done, its a 90 civic,same radiotor,it doesnt leak coolant i checked,although it does boil like crazy,head gasket is not blown oil is not milky.do u think i should by a new radiator, cause i got the money to do it this friday but not sure?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the head could be cracked ? make sure to get a real HONDA thermostat dont get a stant!the head gasket will also do this if not sealed prop if your heads cracked get an si head for less than 100$

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont even have a thermostat i cut the inside and only put the ring and the gasket so water is always flowing its been like that for years ,and if it was the head gasket woudnt water leak into the oil, and if the head was cracked i dont think i would even be able to drive for more then 10 minutes

·
Registered
233 Posts
monte said:
i dont even have a thermostat i cut the inside and only put the ring and the gasket so water is always flowing its been like that for years ,and if it was the head gasket woudnt water leak into the oil, and if the head was cracked i dont think i would even be able to drive for more then 10 minutes
oil would only leak inot the water if a sleeve was cracked this has happened to me. its probablly the head gasket or water pump you should def run a therm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.