Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what would be the best way to go that would not cost a whole lot of money. Ok i have a 88 honda crx. Its not an si or nething. To turbo it would i have to get a new trans and engine from an si or are the any other engines i could get besides one from a crx si. Also do i need to get new axles or not. THanks

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
it all depends on which route you wish to take, furthermore you need to be more specific about, well, everything

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
What car do you have, a DX or an HF? How much money do you have to spend? What do you want to do with the car? How much power do you want to make? Do you want to turbocharge, supercharge, normally aspirate, or use nitrous?

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Targa250R said:
What car do you have, a DX or an HF? How much money do you have to spend? What do you want to do with the car? How much power do you want to make? Do you want to turbocharge, supercharge, normally aspirate, or use nitrous?

yep

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i want to spend no more than 3 thousand dollars and i want as much horsepower i can get so i can run i fast 1/4 mile and i would love to turbo charge it. i have an 88 hf

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
crxowner88 said:
well i want to spend no more than 3 thousand dollars and i want as much horsepower i can get so i can run i fast 1/4 mile and i would love to turbo charge it. i have an 88 hf

and which motor do you want to start w/? 3k is almost nothing and you will most likely have to build a D-series on that budget

·
Registered
544 Posts
get a ZC motor and build a custom turbo kit for it, and an SI tranny so you can use your HF hubs, unless u wanna get SI hubs

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
HONDASWAP SUCKS said:
get a ZC motor and build a custom turbo kit for it, and an SI tranny so you can use your HF hubs, unless u wanna get SI hubs

dont use HF hubs for anything, except maybe coasters or something along those lines

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp said:
dont use HF hubs for anything, except maybe coasters or something along those lines
agreed.

about the car, sell it to me. i've been looking for an 88 hf for awhile now...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anybody know what would be the best motor to get or that would fit in the car with the most horsepower. Yeah i can build a custom turbo kit 4 it i just dont know what other engines would fit in my car without being a bitch to mount up. Could u also tell me what transmission would fit with those engines. Basically what i want to do is go with the cheapest engine with the most horsepower that make my car run the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
crxowner88 said:
does anybody know what would be the best motor to get or that would fit in the car with the most horsepower. Yeah i can build a custom turbo kit 4 it i just dont know what other engines would fit in my car without being a bitch to mount up. Could u also tell me what transmission would fit with those engines. Basically what i want to do is go with the cheapest engine with the most horsepower that make my car run the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds.

any b-series engine

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I say just get a dseries...and build it up for turbo...then when u get more funds...slap a turbo on!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
sohc zc or dohc zc...with a sohc zc tranny(same as si tranny...except probly way less mileage on it since its jdm)

both motors will do nicely with 8lbs of boost.

....but then again since you have the lighest 2nd gen crx model, a b16a swap with bolt ons will put you right under 14secs with minor bolt ons and a good driver

-i would look at it this way....if you are gonna change the motor, you minus well start off with a great base motor. you should think about how far you really wanna go. usually once people start getting fast, they have an urge to get even faster. a b16a is a great base motor towards making more power in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts