Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good i/h/e setup for my 98 GSR? I've been told by some peoples that the 98 GSR is the worst of the OBDII series GSR's. If that's true (is it???), then I want my car to breathe as easily as possible. I'm deciding to stay away from CAIs, so short ram it is. AEM is so played out so I think I'm gonna stay away from that, is there any other company's that make a good, reliable, and power producing short ram? I've heard some good things about J's and Comptech, any of you guys got reviews? As for the header, I kinda want to get the Apex header, but I haven't seen any reviews for this header at all...what's another good one? Finally for the exhaust, I want a quieter deep sounding idle, with a roar at higher rpms. Also I dont want the exhaust to stand out that much, no apex n1's here. I prefer the clean refined look of a medium sized exhaust. Nothing special :eek: The intake is gonna be my first purchase, then i'm gonna purchase the header/exhaust at the same time....need some help guys :D

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
played out???? if it works, who gives a shit if its played out??? do some research, theres dyno runs and timeslips on this site for just about every possible car with all kinds of mods... i dunno about mixing sound with performance, i always just choose for performance, but my buddy has a greddy exhaust that sounds pretty sick on a gsr motor... i'll ask him tomorrow what the model is and post it up here

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
that is just bs about the 98 being the worst of the obdII its all the same. There is a debate wether obd1 is better or not some people say obd1 has a 2hp advantage others say there isn't any. but thats a different topic. yea you can search around for what you are looking for. a couple of quiet not to flashy exhausts are RS*R and Greddy EVOII. Both are 60mm and the EVO is stainless steel so it won't rust very easily. the 2 intakes you named are good ones. Here is a link to get you started on intakes, which is in the stickies btw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dont think there's such thing as the "worst year"...just be happy you own a GSR!!! Also, to get around from the obd2 problems people have (mostly codes from numerous mods), people just get an obd2-1 conversion harness and run an obd 1 ecu. Question is, what are your future mods with this car and what state do you live in. If you live in CA, i recommend you stay with carb legal parts. If you just want to do bolt ons, I do recommend the comptech ice box system (i'm running it on my gsr...awesome especially since i drove through a 2ft puddle and my car didnt hyrdolock!). As for the header, get a jdm 4-1 (great high end power), exhaust I would lookin into the apexi world sport or the rsr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts