Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, it needs to go, seriously. i cant put a cover on my GSR anymore cause the $hit keeps gettin stuck in the up position. ive heard people putting a S2000 antenna in its place..does this fit right in? i found a S2K mast for about 13$, but is there anything else needed to make it fit? any help would be great.

· Registered
4,477 Posts
i just did the S2K antenna conversion. i bought the conversion kit for 15. and bought the S2K antenna mast for 24.48.

Took me 20 minutes to do the conversion (in the dark w/ a flashlight)

if you can get the mast for 13, that's even better...i got mine from a dealership, so i payed more.

by the way, the reception is perfect...and the damn motor doesn't annoy the fock out of me anymore. :D

· Registered
1,017 Posts
That looks way better than the damn telescoping antenna. Antenna's powered by a motor are always bound to die on you.

· Registered
110 Posts
deMad10 said:
That looks way better than the damn telescoping antenna. Antenna's powered by a motor are always bound to die on you.
Hah or the worst of all is when it's really cold and the antenna freezes in the down position!!! I hate that! Although if I did that conversion I'd have to ditch my killer gold antenna ring with the bling bling:

FEAR THE PHOTOSHOPPED BLING!

· Registered
4,558 Posts
that is pretty dope..... hmmmm very efficient..... anyone use those fuba ant.?

· Registered
94 Posts
I hooked up a switch to my antenna so that the antenna is up only when I flip the switch. I can listen to my cds without the antenna up. But if I want to listen to the radio I can put it up. I put the switch in the open tray under the cd player. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it.

· Registered
4,558 Posts
96GreenLS said:
I hooked up a switch to my antenna so that the antenna is up only when I flip the switch. I can listen to my cds without the antenna up. But if I want to listen to the radio I can put it up. I put the switch in the open tray under the cd player. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it.
isnt it suppose to be automatic?..... my headunit turns it off and on when i listen to the radio or cd.... it turns it on when i use radio and off when i load a cd

· Registered
94 Posts
mine was always up. If my headunit was on the antenna was up.

· Registered
4,477 Posts
speed2000i said:
i was looking at those instructions on the link......it sounds harder than you guys say it is...with the wire cutting and stuff....is it really something the average car owner can perform?
I did the conversion myself...and it took me 20 minutes, it's really not that hard. I personally didn't cut any wires, so i'm not sure what those instructions say. it's only a matter of taking out the motor/OE antenna, and subbing it with the s2k antenna. it's really simple. they even have pictures of it to help you along...

www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292364339

· Registered
748 Posts
1200mk said:

isnt it suppose to be automatic?..... my headunit turns it off and on when i listen to the radio or cd.... it turns it on when i use radio and off when i load a cd
yes, it is automatic. But what he is saying is that he doesn't want the antanna to be up when he is listening to the cd, that is why he installed the switch. The switch for the tel antanna is actually a really good idea, since tel antanna is better.

Where on Rutgers campus do you live? Want to work on things together, and get good deals for the parts? I use to goto Rutgers, and I still I do live 25 min away.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
wenlyone said:

yes, it is automatic. But what he is saying is that he doesn't want the antanna to be up when he is listening to the cd, that is why he installed the switch. The switch for the tel antanna is actually a really good idea, since tel antanna is better.

Where on Rutgers campus do you live? Want to work on things together, and get good deals for the parts? I use to goto Rutgers, and I still I do live 25 min away.
It all depends on the deck whether your antenna goes down or not when you listen to a CD.

· Registered
279 Posts
Mine's busted right now... damn Canadian weather. Sounds like it reaches a limit, going both up and down, then goes: "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG" (yes, exactly seven (7) times), then stops. Must be some sort of clutch... or it's just plain fukd. Either way, it's under warantee and Acura can fix it next time I'm in. I'll get them to fix it every winter till the warantee runs out, then I'll look at the S2000 conversion. Good post everyone!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.