Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i [email protected]%^ hate trucks, one cut me off today, i had to slam on my brakes, and try to cut to the right lane, once i did that, i began to swever to the right then i try to cut it back to the left then to the right again, i guess i was panicing then i hit the grass and did a 180 into the guardrail and the truck just keeps on driving, i hate trucks, they should have their own highways and roads. maybe its my fault for gettin myself into this but i'm soo pissed at myself and trucks. just need to vent, thanks for reading.

damn the state troopers, gave me ticket for negligents for hitting the guardrail and all i did was put my paint on it. AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
sorry to hear man but thank God you're ok. how fast were you going and what are your suspension mods (aftermarket rear sway bar?)??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
sorry to hear man but thank God you're ok. how fast were you going and what are your suspension mods (aftermarket rear sway bar?)??
thanks man, i was going 55 if that. i have a DC sports lower rear sway bar, just lowered with ground control with tokico blues and camber kit.

do i have ABS brakes?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ctj121683 said:
Damn man that sucks. At least youre okay. Just when you ordered your front lip and rear, righT?
yea man, definitely sucks

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i dont understand u got a ticket for hitting the guard rail, what the fuck is it for then??

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I agree i hate trucks, they're ugly, guys w/small dicks drive them, shitty gas mileage, you'll never use them for what they're for. Honda doesnt make one so the only quality truck is the toyota and thats $30,000and up. Trucks suck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VtecAddict said:
I agree i hate trucks, they're ugly, guys w/small dicks drive them, shitty gas mileage, you'll never use them for what they're for. Honda doesnt make one so the only quality truck is the toyota and thats $30,000and up. Trucks suck.
it wasn't an truck like a f-150 or a suv like the 4runner, it was a 12wheeler, one of those heavy duty trucks usually carrying around rocks or graval.

yea the damn state trooper wrote negligent and the fine is 275. this is my first ticket and it sucks. and his explain was i hit "his guardrail" i'm soo depressed about this whole situation still, my parents tell me not to worry about it, but this kinda shook me up and i just keep on thinking about it. :mad:

thanks for everyone replies and if you didn't thanks for just reading, SHO is definitely full of good people and good hearted caring people. THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
"his guardrail"? Well U should have pointed out that as a taxpayer it's UR gaurdrail too. Strange... I would have thought the policeman would be more concerned about your wellbeing considering you were a victim and not the transgressor.:rolleyes:
I think if when the officer showed up I would have thanked him for coming to my asisstance and asked him for help. Then I would have laid out the circumstances of what had happened. First impressions are very important IMO and I think I would want to impress on him foremost my view of what had happened before he could come to any wrong conclusions about the situation. In otherwords try to get him to play the role of your protector ("hero" if you will) to gain his sympathy.

Are you going to just pay it or take it to court to see how the judge might feel about the situation?

Just an OT thought, but I wonder how much more room they'd be on the streets and HWY's if everybody drove compact cars? I heard some guy talking on the radio about proposing a "user fee" for people with vechicles over a certain weight or length. His rationale was that the larger/heavier the vechicle, the more: room, gas, wear on the streets, pollution, etc. it takes or produces, thus the owners should be willing to pay more because of their drain on society. The idea kinda sounds un-american to me, bu it was an interesting idea... :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i'm definitely taking the ticket to court cus i believe that i have a case and as like you said, we pay taxes for them to build a guardrail

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
white4drcivy said:
yea i'm definitely taking the ticket to court cus i believe that i have a case and as like you said, we pay taxes for them to build a guardrail
Unless there's some kinda law that lays responsibility on the person causing the damage regardless of circumstances, then I hope the judge see's your viewpoint. Good luck mang!;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
"his guardrail"? Well U should have pointed out that as a taxpayer it's UR gaurdrail too. Strange... I would have thought the policeman would be more concerned about your wellbeing considering you were a victim and not the transgressor.:rolleyes:
I think if when the officer showed up I would have thanked him for coming to my asisstance and asked him for help. Then I would have laid out the circumstances of what had happened. First impressions are very important IMO and I think I would want to impress on him foremost my view of what had happened before he could come to any wrong conclusions about the situation. In otherwords try to get him to play the role of your protector ("hero" if you will) to gain his sympathy.

Are you going to just pay it or take it to court to see how the judge might feel about the situation?

Just an OT thought, but I wonder how much more room they'd be on the streets and HWY's if everybody drove compact cars? I heard some guy talking on the radio about proposing a "user fee" for people with vechicles over a certain weight or length. His rationale was that the larger/heavier the vechicle, the more: room, gas, wear on the streets, pollution, etc. it takes or produces, thus the owners should be willing to pay more because of their drain on society. The idea kinda sounds un-american to me, bu it was an interesting idea... :)
not to be a dick, sorry bout the accident bro but w/out trucks, we're stuck like chuck....some of em cant drive and have been up for 3 straight days tryin to get their delivery through and shouldnt be on the road, but they do serve many huge purposes...how else would we get our car parts?....unless we all move to cali, then it would be overpopulation, its always gonna be something....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Civac said:
not to be a dick, sorry bout the accident bro but w/out trucks, we're stuck like chuck....some of em cant drive and have been up for 3 straight days tryin to get their delivery through and shouldnt be on the road, but they do serve many huge purposes...how else would we get our car parts?....unless we all move to cali, then it would be overpopulation, its always gonna be something....
umm.....ok :rolleyes: not to be a dick, but your point is a bit irrelevant considering the situation. maybe next time you can make your .02 count. thank man

·
Registered
185 Posts
try to stay on parkways and away from expressways ...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
white4drcivy said:
umm.....ok :rolleyes: not to be a dick, but your point is a bit irrelevant considering the situation. maybe next time you can make your .02 count. thank man
LoL, I'm sorry....I agree with the guy mang. sure it sux when you become the victim of bad circumstances....hell I fucking hit a WOMAN....not her car...the WOMAN while going 1 mph in a fucking best buy parking lot while looking the other way trying not to hit some black girls on cell phone...the luck :rolleyes: it was unbelievable to say the least to turn my head left and watch this HUGE pair of eye balls just fall away as she bounced off my driver side mirror LOL!!!

anyway, I know how you feel and all but um, at least you can fight the ticket.

I find it hard to believe that at 55 mph you weren't able to regain control of your car after a hard swerve hitting the dirt on the side of the road. I've done it a few times and it's not hard to come out of at that speed...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
what was the posted speed limit?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
VtecAddict said:

uhhhh honda DOES make a truck

fairly common in japan

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hahahahaahhaah .... that thing looks like a fuckin f150 had sex with a vw vanagon or some shit!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts