Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate xp.... (default refreshes blow)

Ok I noticed gaming got flickery in WIN XP , well just found out for sure it does have problems with gaming and I think nvidia cards. It sets to standard 60hz refresh and this is really not good on the eyes. Im use to 100hz refresh's to 120's....

Well xp's service pack one was suppose to address this....nope. Even though they did address it , you have to have that setting on in the desktop or it will default to 60hz....Only thing we can hope for is the games or nvidia to try something...MAFIA and I think another game I have lets you select your refresh rate. HOORAYYYYYY....they rock , they know we are suffering in xp and they are the only help.

To me it makes a big difference...Seeing the screen split up @60hz and get all jerky to nice and smooth @ 100hz ahhhh...

I guess contact windows & your gaming companies people & complain about this , tell them you want windows xp refreshes for your games fixed. Tell them to release a patch to select it via the game....or tell them to contact windows to set this for us. Or tell them to try and even find some tips so we can adjust it....

XP NEEDS YOUR HELP. CONTACT PEOPLE IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS WITH REFRESH's in your games.

Windows ME/98 automatically used the optimal refresh rate , meaning no bullshit 60hz.....Tell them that xp doesnt have this , so you need some sort of patch or underlaying program that keeps the desktop at your max refresh rate.

· Registered
376 Posts
Have you tried downloading the XP rate refresher? There was a fix for earlier verions of XP. I'm not sure about the newest version because I was never able to find one but search on google and you should find what you're looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.