Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there!i have a rebuilt integra type r w/ port and polish head,jun type 3 cams and cam gears,jg manifold with jg 68mm thottle body,block is bored out to 2.0 with je pistons and eagle rods sleeved to 84mm ,dc jdm header,n1apexi exhuast,aem cai,msd6a,..i took it to dyno but i only got 192 horses to the wheels, i know its suppose to be in the 215-230 horses to the wheel range with my set-up ..WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM????I HEARD IT MIGHT BE THE JG MANIFOLD?Please help ASAP!!!thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
how is the torque curve? with those mods, the torque curve should be excellent for a B series motor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i was wrong, it was at 134.2 in torque and 191.9 to the wheels with the jg manifold on 9-30-02.
After taking out my old jg manifold i replaced it with my stock type r manilfold and it made 138.1 in torque and 197.5 to the wheels on 10-01-02.
so i guess the type r has more power over the jg. but im still not having the horse power that im suppose to have. So i thinkin of taking out the motor and having some place to check it ..if somethings wrong internally or something. can you think of any problems that could be wrong? thanks.. sorry i dont have a scanner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
vi3txpride003 said:
hey there!i have a rebuilt integra type r w/ port and polish head,jun type 3 cams and cam gears,jg manifold with jg 68mm thottle body,block is bored out to 2.0 with je pistons and eagle rods sleeved to 84mm ,dc jdm header,n1apexi exhuast,aem cai,msd6a,..i took it to dyno but i only got 192 horses to the wheels, i know its suppose to be in the 215-230 horses to the wheel range with my set-up ..WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM????I HEARD IT MIGHT BE THE JG MANIFOLD?Please help ASAP!!!thanks
what rim size and tire size u using?? that could be one of the causes...i dont got type r i got b16 i had my dialo'z 17'z on it..and went to dyno...i ran hmm...forgot what it was..120 130...ehh

then i swapped on stock rims =) the best...and ran the dyno again...and i think it was 140 at the wheel..the rims can set the dyno off a bit or a lot.....but yeah....try the rims...i think its the rims...otherwise bad dyno people dont know how to shift =):D

·
Registered
18 Posts
heres a question...what ECU are you running, do you have a Vtec controller, have you adj your cam gears right. no offense..but you may be running lean and dont know it with out having a Vafc or FP gauge. 5500 sounds low for Vtec to be crossing over for those cams, my best friend just put a set of Spoon cams in his b16a3 and it hates the stock 5600 cross over, and loves the 5800 crossover in his other ECU, just my 2 cents heres a site that may give you an idea as to what you should be running for WHP http://http://www.importreview.com/dyno.html also..where do you live...im in New Mexico..where its 5600ft above sea level...we lose 15% off the bat just because of the height..so you have to take that into concideration...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was all tuned out by a well known tuner and im in ca. the bay area. so and yes i do have a vafc controller so everythings tuned so i dont know whats the problem

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
hhmmm...man i dont know what to tell u. i would say first things to check are the cams and msd. cant really say anything else without the dyno sheet.
i can tell u that that is way off.....with cai, headers and head breather my bros car put 179+ hp to the ground. a few more bolt ons pushed it to 190 flat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
DelHop said:
post the dyno sheets so we can help debug your problem
Like i said before, post the dyno plot.
Every other opinion is heresay until we see that plot

Do yourself a favour, and post the plot!

If you dont get the picture yet, the plot will clear things up for you.

Post the plot

1 - 20 of 25 Posts