Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a hotshot race header on my swapped h22a civic. and i want to fix it i dented it coming down a few drive ways is thier ne way to undent it or will it cost too much.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Yeah I know a way to do this yourself if you've got the access to these tools. Basically if you have an air compressor and some type of torch be it an oxy-acetalyne torch or MAPP gas torch will work I guess but it will take awhile. Basically you are going to want to plug each primary tube up..I am sure you can find or make something like a peice of cone shaped wood and pound it in or a peice of cone shaped rubber would work best. But anyway, use something to make a plug to push into the collector airtight, and have the air compressor in the center of the plug, so you can pressurize the header basically, if you can understand that. Heat up the dent and the surrounding area of the dent, have a buddy hold the air compressor wide open when the area surrounding the dent is red hot, and it will pop out. Like think of crushing a bottle of mountain dew with some soda left in it, and putting the cap back on it with a dent still in it, now shake the mountain dew..the bottle will pop back out, get it? I have done this a couple times before actually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts