Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahh I was driving 50 mph obeying the speed limit when a cat jumps onto the road right in front of my freakin car! next thing i know is a big thump..... i get to a stop sign and jump out my car and look at the lower part of the bumper... fruggin cracked!! ugh..... is there some type of tape i can use? and no dont say duct tape... the only other reasonable thing to do is get a new front bumper :D

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Well, First of all, the cat's probably dead, did you check to see if it had a tag, or did you just keep on driving? if it did, did you inform the owner that you killed their pet? Third, what is your bumper made out of? If it's fiberglass it can be repaired, if it's urethane or ABS plastic then it can't, although those two types of materials rarely crack anyway, they often deform or if given enough stress, will tear, not crack.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Damn that sucks, man! Cat's are cool :D. I saw one the other
day ALMOST get hit by an SUV. That fucker was chasing
another cat across the road when it realized: "Oh shit,
CARS!", did the "squirrel dance", and barely got away.
Anyway, epoxy might work for the crack, maybe?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I was inches away from hitting a big ass skunk last night when I was coming home from work. I had to swerve like crazy to dodge the stupid thing. I am so lucky I didnt hit it though.

Good luck w/ your bumper... go to a repair place and get a quote, they may be able to bondo it and repaint that spot for pretty cheap. And just temporarly I'd use bondo.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
HybridJDMHonda said:
I was inches away from hitting a big ass skunk last night when I was coming home from work. I had to swerve like crazy to dodge the stupid thing. I am so lucky I didnt hit it though.
OH MAN! Whatever you do in life, DO NOT HIT A SKUNK! But
if you do, ketchup gets rid of the smell. Somewhat :D.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ugh

well it was 3 o clock in the morning and i was on a dark backroad.... i didnt have a chance to hit my hyper brights ;) but i saw a dark figure running till my light shown what it was... a red cat ran... i wasnt going to swerve cause the road was narrow so i stepped not stomped on the break .... the cat woulda made it across if it didnt start on the other side of the road :eek:P gah heh the "squirrel dance" man shit..... im mad
Poor cat Poor bumper :( i have bondo crap... but i was thinking of getting a new front piece after winter so i need something to patch it up

·
Registered
333 Posts
I WANNA KNOW HOW ALL YOU GUYS GET LUCKY AND HIT OR ALMOST HIT SOMETHING SMALL LIKE A CAT......I WAS ON THE HIGHWAY THE OTHER NIGHT, AND OUT OF NOWHERE A FULL SIZE FRIGGIN GOLDEN RETRIEVER RUNS OUT IN FRONT OF MY CAR AND I SMACK THE HELL OUT OF THAT THING. BROKE MY BUMPER, RADIATOR, BENT THE CORE SUPPORT, BROKE MY HEADLIGHT,
BENT THE FENDER AND HOOD....THE ONLY GOOD THING THAT CAME OUT OF IT WAS THAT I GOT MY Z3 FENDERS, AND WINGS WEST FRONT BUMPER.
HIT SOMETHING THAT BIG....IT GOT STUCK UNDER MY CAR AND GOT DRAGGED FOR ABOUT 100 FEET.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You shouldn't use bondo to repair the crack. It'll just crack again.

Like someone else said, if the bumper is urethane (like a factory bumper), you'll probably just have to get a new bumper.

If the bumper is fiberglass it can probably be repaired.

I hope you at least checked to see if the cat had tags, rather than just leaving it there.

·
Registered
284 Posts

My neighbor's cat won't stop putting it's paw prints on my car...think you could do a few late night drive bys and kill it for me?
~thanks.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
LSHYBRIDCIVIC said:
I WANNA KNOW HOW ALL YOU GUYS GET LUCKY AND HIT OR ALMOST HIT SOMETHING SMALL LIKE A CAT......I WAS ON THE HIGHWAY THE OTHER NIGHT, AND OUT OF NOWHERE A FULL SIZE FRIGGIN GOLDEN RETRIEVER RUNS OUT IN FRONT OF MY CAR AND I SMACK THE HELL OUT OF THAT THING. BROKE MY BUMPER, RADIATOR, BENT THE CORE SUPPORT, BROKE MY HEADLIGHT,
BENT THE FENDER AND HOOD....THE ONLY GOOD THING THAT CAME OUT OF IT WAS THAT I GOT MY Z3 FENDERS, AND WINGS WEST FRONT BUMPER.
HIT SOMETHING THAT BIG....IT GOT STUCK UNDER MY CAR AND GOT DRAGGED FOR ABOUT 100 FEET.
thats horrible. i love dogs man. if someone ever hit my dog, id track the person down and hit them.

·
Registered
547 Posts
LSHYBRIDCIVIC said:
I wonder how the heck it even got out there. That's crazy, I'm suprised it didn't cause another accident, with it being on the highway and all.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Go to www.importfan.com and buy a bumper for like $250, and you'll get a free carbon fiber hood with it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
anfrey said:
a life is gone and we're more worried about materialistic things :rolleyes:
does a fucking cat count? My friend use to hold kittens under water until they stopped moving.

Everytime he sees people with kittens in front of a market giving them away, he will get one and fuck with it.

I don't do that shit, but if I hit a cat with my car, I really wouldn't car. It's a worthless cat.

·
Registered
435 Posts
types of road kill round here,
skunks,<worst obviously!,
squirrels<I wonder how..,
Possums<slow walking shits,,
raccoons<barely see em,
cats<they just die,
yet to see a dog.

and deer, pick em up and eat em:D :p

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Re: ...

chase13 said:
My neighbor's cat won't stop putting it's paw prints on my car...think you could do a few late night drive bys and kill it for me?
~thanks.
HAHA! I "hear that". The damn one that walks all over mine seems to always have muddy paws, too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Jumpan23 said:
does a fucking cat count? My friend use to hold kittens under water until they stopped moving.

Everytime he sees people with kittens in front of a market giving them away, he will get one and fuck with it.

I don't do that shit, but if I hit a cat with my car, I really wouldn't car. It's a worthless cat.
Buddy your friend has some serious issues.:eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: ...

chase13 said:
~thanks.
hahah funny! i could try? :D oh ya i left my car at someones house one night... seeing there was a cat around then next day i come back paw prints all over... and my car was white stupid cat was playing in the mud :(

oh and about that dog... heh.... that really sucks:eek:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.