Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so tonight i blew my clutch at my gas station across the street from my towns collision shop which does a lot of good work. (had my car there when i crashed it) so theres the setting....

what i want to do is get like the next stage clutch after stock and get it in there.

i need suggestions on what I should be looking for. the motor is stock and i only beat on my car occasionally so thats some info on how i drive.

and also should i attempt to work on it myself or suck it up and pay the labor at the collision shop across the street? its my daily driver and i need it back running soon!

Thanks in advanced on any input. thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
it took me 4 hours to do my first honda clutch and it was 155 bucks for the kit so if ur mechanically inclined and got a whole day go for it u will save hella dough

Reactions: forgot

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i believe exedy makes nice street setup. that along with a slightly lighter flywheel than stock and you'd be set to go. as for the labor and what not. if you have the tools and the confidence to do it yourself then go right ahead, just grab a helms or haynes manual and it will basically walk you through it before you even touch the car. but if you want to make sure the job gets done right the first time, or you don't have the tools or space to do it, or a main concern would be time if you can't get a day off work or something, then have them do it for you.

that honestly would be the only reason i would let a shop do my work, i don't have time between work and school and i can drop it off and have my girlfriend pick me up and take me back when i can get to it.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
exedy organic clutch is the way to go. i got mine new for about $100 off ebay on a no reserve auction... though the prices have risen since then.

Reactions: forgot

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
im going with XTD stage 3 on my car sprung 6 puck, Ive heard good things over on www.turbod16.com about them.

its next on the list after I finish the rear disk swap,camber+toe kit in the rear, and camber and ball joints up front.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey all u guys have been great. this made me feel better about my car being outa commision and the input has been great. i think im going to have a shop do it and im going to ask them to get the exedy organic clutch. my moms business she works for helped out a lot for this own of a shop, shes going to call tomorro and cash in sum favor tokens :D hopefully it helps a lot...big plus they have their own tow truck :number1 . thanks again...this is y i tell every1 that is interested in their cars to check out this site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.