Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new computer, that is. Its a Sony Vaio and damn, this is the stuff dreams are made of!. 2.0GHz P4, 60gb HD, 512mb DDR SDRAM, 16x DVD-ROM, and a 24x CD-RW. This thing is quick! I just needed something that was a tad better than my old Compaq(200mHz P1, 1.95gb HD, 48mb ram, circa 1997), but I think I got something...uh....ALOT BETTER! Hehe, I've had an ear-to-ear grin all day.

Anyway, just though I'd share.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
so does sony make good computers or what? tell us how it is man

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
samsauma_2000 said:
so does sony make good computers or what? tell us how it is man
Well I would, but its gonna take me a while to get used to this thing and figure out all the crap that came with it. Windows XP is a big jump for me, considering my old comp had Windows 95. So far this thing kicks ass.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
ZainL said:
i have a sony vaio it is a 1.5ghz p4 60gb 256 ram16x dvd rom 40x read 16x writing and its about to be a year and i love this thing but i dont like windows xp home edition. other than that its awesome
i have that exact computer and i hate xp too!!! lol.:laff: it was pretty tight at first, then i got a virus and everything slowed down, but i like it again....:D

· Banned
846 Posts
you dont like XP?????

XP is kickin ass for me, considering my computer came with Windows ME. ME was the worst OS i think i have ever seen. Froze up constantly, and always had the same problem, something about kernel32.dll that just wasnt right.

anyway, i have XP pro, and it kicks ass. never freezes up, never gives any problems, and i like how its set up. Makes my Gateway comp (Never buy one:mad: ) seem to be an alright buy!:p :p

· Registered
4,558 Posts
is that the sony that comes with a remote and shit?

· Registered
625 Posts
Honda_Guy said:
A new computer, that is. Its a Sony Vaio and damn, this is the stuff dreams are made of!. 2.0GHz P4, 60gb HD, 512mb DDR SDRAM, 16x DVD-ROM, and a 24x CD-RW. This thing is quick! I just needed something that was a tad better than my old Compaq(200mHz P1, 1.95gb HD, 48mb ram, circa 1997), but I think I got something...uh....ALOT BETTER! Hehe, I've had an ear-to-ear grin all day.

Anyway, just though I'd share.
That's it?!?!?!?

im just messing..... im a lil envious now.... how much did it cost you? was it just the computer or the whole package? and i suggest you convert it to 98SE... XP is too 'girlie' for me.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW TOY... and uhhh always update your virus checker and scan for errors with scandisk or some tool when you can....

· Registered
1,434 Posts
litspliff420 said:
you dont like XP?????

XP is kickin ass for me, considering my computer came with Windows ME. ME was the worst OS i think i have ever seen. Froze up constantly, and always had the same problem, something about kernel32.dll that just wasnt right.

anyway, i have XP pro, and it kicks ass. never freezes up, never gives any problems, and i like how its set up. Makes my Gateway comp (Never buy one:mad: ) seem to be an alright buy!:p :p
werd man, gateway sucks. And mine came with ME too. How did you change it to XP? I'd love to do that its just that my computer is gay and we cant figure it out...any help would be greatlu appreciated.

oh and cangrats on your sony!

· Banned
846 Posts
get the XP disc, Restart your computer, and pop it in the CD-Rom right when you turn the computer back on. It should load up and ask you what you want to do from the disc and follow the directions pretty much. At least thats how it seems like i done it.:confused: ;)

· Registered
4,607 Posts
eeeeekkkk...i hate sony Vaio's!!!!:eek:

they are all flash and built with suprisingly average parts. i have know i few ppl with the and they have all given trouble too...... failing ram and stuck cd drive doors.
well....congrats anyway...its better than most pc's
:D

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: I just got a new toy!

Thanks everyone. Just backed up my old comp's HD onto CD-R and it took a whopping..(drumroll)....one and a half discs :D.

NightRider-gsR said:
That's it?!?!?!?

im just messing..... im a lil envious now.... how much did it cost you? was it just the computer or the whole package? and i suggest you convert it to 98SE... XP is too 'girlie' for me.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW TOY... and uhhh always update your virus checker and scan for errors with scandisk or some tool when you can....
It was $950 minus a $100 rebate for just the tower/mouse/keyboard. It was an open box/display model so it was marked down a few hundred.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.