Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some old fart smashed his caddy into the rear bumper of my 99 civic si today. I was about to open up a can on him but then the cops came. Of course he doesnt have any insurance. My rear bumper is kinda imbeded into the metal (kinda intangled with it) so i cant really get the bumper off. I just have a couple questions I hope someone can answer. Those little tan plastic pieces on each side of the car that support the sides of the rear bumper, are they bolted on or glued on or wut? And also are there pieces of metal( maybe kinda rectanglular or something) that have 2 holes in each ,one on the very left and one on the very right of the rear of the car (2 total) that the bumper sits on, and does the bumper have the little notches on it that fit into these holes? Im askng cuz ive seen some civics that have this and some that dont and I want to know if 99 si's have it. Thanks for your time guys.
What is the black plastic piece that is to the left of the wheel well. Does it attach to anything or hold anything up? Note: that tan plastic piece is what i was refering to above. (These are not pictures of my car they just helps me show u guys some stuff.)
[image]http://members.aol.com/instillingevil/civic3.jpg[/image]
[image]http://members.aol.com/instillingevil/civic4.jpg[/image]

· Registered
513 Posts
Hey man you should start sayin your neck hurts like a bitch.........since its worth it since the driver didnt have insurance.......but otherwise things would be alot easier.

sorry about your baby

· Registered
1,355 Posts
It's legal to drive down there in the US without insurance? Up here you MUST have insurance before you can register your car. They go hand in hand (which is a good thing, I guess).

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Biff said:
It's legal to drive down there in the US without insurance? Up here you MUST have insurance before you can register your car. They go hand in hand (which is a good thing, I guess).
It all depends on the state. Some states you do not need insurance, but here in Cali you need to have insurance by law.

· Registered
290 Posts
CRXican said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm gonna have to say that's not a Civic Si.
Well it could be a CDN Si. Curious, his sig says 99 MR Si?

No matter, it still sucks to get nailed like this. Your insurance should cover you no matter what the other driver has. It will be up to your insurance to collect from the other driver. That is WHY you have insurance afterall. You can't be responsible for those that don't carry coverage, you just have to worry about yourself.

· Registered
28 Posts
To answer your questions regrading your bumper. There are two plastic gromets that you screw those 8mm hex bolts into, one for each side of the bumper. The bumper then rests on top of the two tan pieces that you're refering to.

As far as the the metal ledges go, you are correct about the bumper slotting into the groves on those metal ledges.

You car looks real bad man... sorry to see that... you shoudl have opened a can of WA anyway... fuck the cops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.