Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at work I was following my normal routine untill I noticed that a return needed to be pulled. So I checked out what had to be returned and it was a bunch of GM Alarms that hadnt been sold for a few months. Perfect condition. Nothing wrong just taking up space. Then I thought well I have two CRX's with no alarms. So I grabbed a few alarm systems like I guess 10 out of the 100 so I could test them out. I am hopin that I can use them and that they arent specially made for the GM wiring harness. Oh well. Tell me you wouldnt do the same... :D

Oh here are the specs on the system I think I am going to use....

-6 tone siren (120 decibel)
-Starter Kill
-Panic Button
-100 ft. + operating range
-Horn Output
-18,000,000,000,000,000 possible code (whatever thats all about)
-Silent Arming
-Shock Sensor
-Auxiliary Button
-Parking Light Flash
-Silent or Audible Lock/Unlock
-LED Indicator (on dash)
-Auxiliary Output
-Two Remotes

Let me know what you think. Kinda cheap I know but whatever...I hope they work.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an actuall OEM GM product manufactured by GM...Its definately not what I wanted but we were throwing away 100's of them and my manager told me I could take a few. Heres a pic of the whole kit.

There it is...Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will sell the others once I am done with them.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
RicerGSX said:
Its an actuall OEM GM product manufactured by GM...Its definately not what I wanted but we were throwing away 100's of them and my manager told me I could take a few. Heres a pic of the whole kit.

There it is...Let me know what you think.
looks like a DEI product (the company that makes Viper), which is good :tu

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow its cold out. I have one more wire to do. The ignition wire. Now I have to find it. If anyone know the color of the ignition wire I would thank them very much for that info. Please any help would be nice. BTW its the ignition wire in an 88 Si. Also I hate doing wiring under the dash makes your back sore.. :cry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts