Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i sanded my entire civic and sprayed it in primer and then i ended up liking the look alot and want to keep it like that. But the problem with it is that it scratches sooo damn easy like not a scratch through the primer but a shiny line. Is there a clear coat i could use to protect it with out getting the "shiny" effect? or any other method?

· Registered
1 Posts
hey man you could rhino line it or go find some clear coat...that's not clear...lol try and look for some matte or flat finish rattle can paint- I have a motorcycle that I did the front and rear tins on (with a flat black underneath) and it looks phenomenal

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i think that would be a better idea, i mean ya rhino liner would be real cool cuz its out of the ordinary and like so durable but all i have heard from people is that its tough to work with. So i think Id rather be safe than sorry and go with a clear coat that isnt THAT shiny will probably come out just as good. Any brands or products you can suggest?

· Registered
5,895 Posts
yeah that stuff.. im almost 100% positive that plastic or primer, it wont matter. paint sticks better to primer anyway. make sure you read the directions just incase. and i dont think it requires a clear coat.

and sorry for the late reply

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
np man its all good, thanks for the help, only problem im havin right now is finding it XD went to advanced and they didnt have it then to walmart and they didnt have it and i mean walmart has EVERYTHING! so idk gonna try homedepot next

· Registered
10,346 Posts
add another layer of primer, then clear coat it, then sand it lightly with 800 grit, you weill remove the shine, but stuill have the protection the clear coat offers

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Be careful and wetsand. Dont wetsand the primer though, that will lead to a future of rust , as primer holds moisture. the clearcoat will repel it. And I was wrong about 800 grit. use 1200

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.