Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
try bitcomet. there is nothing that i have not found there.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
you have to use the one that says "torrent" in that list that is to the left. from there, it will bring you to a search engine and type in what you want and it finds the best matches for you.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
ezeedee said:
ok, i got it, should be done in about 12 hours :(

but i cant rep you
jsut give it a few.. it speeds up after a bit. its alright man!! im glad i can help.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
digink said:
and torrents really are the shit!
oh yes they are. :clap :number1

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
ezeedee said:
i got a bit downloaded, and i tried to preview it, and it said the file type was not supported. what does that mean?
what format is it in? i.e., wma, mpeg, etc..

you have to make sure that you download one that is compatible with whatever media player that you use.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rnstein69 said:
what format is it in? i.e., wma, mpeg, etc..

you have to make sure that you download one that is compatible with whatever media player that you use.
i tired to find out, but i couldnt. I downloaded fast and the furious from a torrent site, and i had to download all kinds of other crap to be able to watch it, i dont wanna have to do that again.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
ezeedee said:
i tired to find out, but i couldnt. I downloaded fast and the furious from a torrent site, and i had to download all kinds of other crap to be able to watch it, i dont wanna have to do that again.
hmm....when you complete the search you should have a list of matches for the davinci code. see if any of those are compatible with the media player that you use.

what kind do you use right now? otherwise, you will have to download a media player that can play files that are in the format of whatever you just downloaded.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
so see if you can find what your looking for in wma format. otherwise like you mentioned, you might have to download some extra shit in order to view the file.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i really dont want to be downloading a bunch of shit onto my brand new computer. This thing is hardly a month old, i dont want anything to happen to it, no what i mean?

ill check out the VLC thing tho, thanks.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
It's not that hard man, when you looked at the file for the torrent you selected what was it? .avi?

If it was a normal mpg chances are WMP would play it so I am assuming it is a divx file since it isn't playing.

Many of the DvDrips on torrent sites are .avi format and encoded w/ DivX so your best bet is to go to www.divx.com and download the codec. It hardly takes up any space and won't be damaging to your PC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.