Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i currently drive a 99 civic si and i dont like how it feels to drive it like as in how far i have to reach for the shifter. im about 5'10" to 5'11", anyone know a good shifter i can by that will help lower the ammount i have to shift?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I've had a decent amount of experience w/ both the Skunk2 and B&M shift kits and both work OK when installed correctly.

Hacksawing the stick down is way way passe, so dont do it! :lol :p

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
You mean how far you have to reach your hand to grab the shift knob, or how far you have to move your arm to actually change gears? If it's actually reaching the shift knob, try moving your seat, haha. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im talking about how far i actually have to reach. ive moved my seat up and back and the back up and down and i just cant get it to where i feel comfortable. if i move my seat up then i feel cramed but can reach it then if i move it back for leg room then i cant reach the shifter very well. its a lose lose situation...

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
travizx0r said:
im talking about how far i actually have to reach. ive moved my seat up and back and the back up and down and i just cant get it to where i feel comfortable. if i move my seat up then i feel cramed but can reach it then if i move it back for leg room then i cant reach the shifter very well. its a lose lose situation...
ok just get use to it man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts