Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bent either one of the two or both exhaust valves in the #2 cylinder. I need to know if anyone has some stock valves and how much they would let me get them for?
i need these asap. I hate having my car running like shit.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leak down test, you can hear the air coming out of the exhaust side through the header. IF you rotate the crankshaft to where my number 2 piston is to the top and compress it with air. The the valve(s) are bent if it doesnt hold compression. In this case the air was coming out through the header. So it is an exhaust vavle(s).

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can only tell when it is idleing. Sounds like the car is running on three cylinders. Sounds like i have a hefty cam lobe. LOL.
and i did this by being an idiot and just messing around, so dont ask me cuz i feel stupid enough

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
4bidden said:
I bet you did the 3-2 shift at redline, eh?
thats what i was guessing too ;)

no need to be ashamed brudda. posting makes joo feel better :D

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i felt like a complete moron. I mean everyone mis shifts. Its a given. I just never thought about even being able to go to 2nd from 3rd. Beyond that i was just f-ing around the streets. Oh yeah brudda i was topped out in third. and what do you konw WWWAAHHHMMMMMM. 2nd gear!!!! i didnt go over 3000rpms for a few days. I left the car running for like 30 minutes. I completely forgot that my vafc has a memory. I looked at the memory for the tach and i just about had a heart attack. When i saw it, i starting to feel what it was goign through. FREAKING 9879 rpms. I am lucky ya'll. It could have been A LOT worse. I am really lucky that it is at the most two valves. Could have been my whole valvetrain.:bh:

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Dont you have to lap them when u put them in?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK if anyone has any that they would like to give to me it would be great. I need these asap. Name a price.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ouch, I did the same thing last summer at the track. I wish it was the valves that got bent, cause then I coulda nailed the dealer under the warranty.

But no, it was my clutch that got destroyed, which isn't warrantied. You don't even wanna know how much they nailed me for to fix that. I never would have even had them look at it if I knew it was the clutch that was screwed up.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and if anyone has aftermarket springs and retainers they would like to sell me let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts