Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im replacing my fender and i need to know all what i have to do. Am i going to have to prime the fender if im gonna wait to get it painted, where can i get the mouldings and what are they for? Do i have to paint my apron, the guy at the body shop said i did but i dont get that part. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
wapmonk said:
Ok im replacing my fender and i need to know all what i have to do. Am i going to have to prime the fender if im gonna wait to get it painted, where can i get the mouldings and what are they for? Do i have to paint my apron, the guy at the body shop said i did but i dont get that part. any help would be appreciated.
no you don't have to prime it if you're not getting it painted yet. You can get the mouldings from a dealership or an aftermarket parts supplier. Mouldings are for protection from other people hitting your car from doors and other objects. Yes you need it unless you shave your fender to make it flat looking....

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Re: Re: I need help with fender

desikoncepts said:
no you don't have to prime it if you're not getting it painted yet. You can get the mouldings from a dealership or an aftermarket parts supplier. Mouldings are for protection from other people hitting your car from doors and other objects. Yes you need it unless you shave your fender to make it flat looking....
exactly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts