Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5spd 1993 Honds Prelude S with 156,000 miles on it. I would like to know what my options are as far as getting some more power. I've added the AEM cold air, V-rated tires and I'm looking for my next mod. My question is what are the pros and cons of putting the JDM H22 engine in? I've heard that it can cost around $3,500, what are some other options I could look at that wouldn't break my bank account? Also my friend drives a stock 97 3000gt SL can I beat him with my current set up? If not what could I do to take him? Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
jdm h22 swap is great. There are a many members have the swap done and not so much problem. 3500 sound right with h22+labor. Other option is spaying nitrous to be as fast as the h22. Sorry, man I don't think you can beat your friend 3000gt sl with your current setup, but for sure you'll pull on them with the h22. Good luck.

Peace,

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know how long the shop did it, but my homeboy did like 4 swaps for some civic and it take them about 8 hours/swap. I guess h22 is pretty simmilar, so it should take around that amount of time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
be sure to look into the H22 swap. True, its not cheap, but it should give you the least amount of headaches reliability wise. You're gonna have trouble making that F22 fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts