Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a '94 Lude VTEC as you can tell by my sig, and I was trying to figure out what Turbo would be best for my car. I'm looking to run 7-9 PSI eventually and will also be running a 75-100 shot of nitrous. What do I need to make my engine capable of handling this, and what is some input (Webpages, Comments, Experiences) of where to get a good turbo kit. Thanks!
~Peace :cool:

· Registered
1,675 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
I own a '94 Lude VTEC as you can tell by my sig, and I was trying to figure out what Turbo would be best for my car. I'm looking to run 7-9 PSI eventually and will also be running a 75-100 shot of nitrous. What do I need to make my engine capable of handling this, and what is some input (Webpages, Comments, Experiences) of where to get a good turbo kit. Thanks!
~Peace :cool:

you will need to ,get stronger rods,pistons,and preferably (safest and best option) stand alone engine management like hondata etc.I believe your deck is closed so you won't need to re-enforce it like you would with a b series.
Check crower,je,eagle,hondata,.I don't have a site links but those will give you a place to start.Check drag or rev-hard for a turbo kit.Of if you go the custom route turbochargers.com and turbonetics.com sell just the turbo's and you can call south florida perforance to have a manifold made.
Btw those are just the basics i'm having a brain fart rite now so i cant think of other stuff (mostly names) depending on how much you have to spend will determin what else you need.You can venture into headwork,balancing,and blue printing but i cant help you there at least at this moment.

· Registered
750 Posts
THIS LINK would be a great start as to a boosted engine running direct port 100 shot n2o. JG is an extremly reputable company when building engines... as quoted on their web page, those engines can accept up to 30 psi of boost so this would be an extremly good idea.

Don't forget precious precious hours on the dyno :D

P.S. fuel is also a key in keeping an engien from detonation... with that setup i would recomment 410 or 550 cc injectors (depending on the maximum boost you will be running) plus a 255 lph intake fuel pump along with a good FPR. Don't forget guages and the basic turbo timer.

· Registered
482 Posts
the guys have pretty much said it all.
your engine has a pretty high compression, so u'll need to lower that to be safe or you wont be able to run much boost. to do this, u can get lower compression pistons, thicker head gasket, and a decompression plate.

since u got vtec, it is harder to tune since there's vtec and turbo overlap, so tuning is very important (if u dont wanna disable vtec). but with the right expertise in tuning (i cant stress enogh how important tuning is, it can make or break a turbo system, badly tuned one will either blow ur engine or ur turbo) with vtec, u'll have a killer of a car.

oh yeah, a T3/T4 is great for our car for the best balance between best hp and lag. kicks in i've heard around 3000-3200 rpms.

an intercooler is also a good idea, as is 3" turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat.

if u need more help, PM me, i got a turbo lude.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.