Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My accord is a 98 automatic. I was experiencing what felt like a stutter while driving. It seemed to happen more while on the highway going 70mph. When at a low speed it hesitates like it wants to cut off. Especially at red lights. Most people i asked said spark plugs, so I got new plugs and cables about two weeks ago. The stuttering on the highway seemed better, but I'm still having problems at low speeds and at red lights. I got a new battery, and all my fluids are good. What could it be?

· Registered
3,077 Posts
If it gets even worse at higher RPM check your air filter too.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
If it gets even worse at higher RPM check your air filter too.
wouldn't it be the opposite, since you're flowing more air at higher rpms, the filter won't have as much trouble getting air in there as it would at idle? or am i backwards. god i just wokr up.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
wouldn't it be the opposite, since you're flowing more air at higher rpms, the filter won't have as much trouble getting air in there as it would at idle? or am i backwards. god i just wokr up.
higher rpm = more CFM = harder to pull through dirty filter. but yea it would be hard either way but top end would REALLY go to shit, you can almost complete cover up a intake with your hand over the pipe and the car will run.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Hmm...stuttering honda with new plugs/wires, correct fluids/amount......definitely a distributor issue. You should change teh fuel filter anyhow if the current one has over 50k miles. Do that, it might solve your problem. Needs to be done regardless, so hop to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.