alright, heres the story. I'm drivin to my friends house about four days ago and i notice this smell when im halfway there. It smells like burning plastic. So i get to my friends house and we look for anything plastic that might be melting or touching the headers. Nothing. So i have continued to drive my car up until today. Well, I finally have an idea what it might be. My friend and i thought that my car might be overheating. Now the thing is, is that my temp gauge is fucked up so i never actually know wht the correct reading is, and my fans kick in. I have no leaks in the radiator (just changed like 6 months ago) and i have some fluid in the resevoir. How can i tell if my car is overheating and what should i do to fix it. Im worried that if i take it to a shop that im gonna get screwed because, "somethings wrong and is gona cost about 300 to fix". I need help. Any insight is extremely appreciated.