Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i post the times and what not... let me tell you the elements that caused my partial sucking

1. first time ever at the track
2. Regul Challenger tires
3. h23 tranny caused me to fall out of VTEC and i had to wait for what seemed like forever for it to hit the magic rpm

now on with the numbers:

1st run: (this slip is in my car and im too tired to go out and get it so x's = approximation)
RT: .644
60ft: 2.4x
mph: 90.xx
et: 15.8x

LOTS of wheel spin in first and half of second. the tree caught me by suprise so i didnt get the rpm's where i wanted them before i had to go. then i missed 3rd so yeah... shitty run but that was the first time ever! i can only get better from there

2nd run:
RT: .605
60ft: 2.357
mph: 92.05
et: 15.182

this run felt a lot better. i took my time warming up the tires (unlike last time where i was nervous and barely did anything lol), got lined up and held the rpms at 3k, spun a lil and hit every gear nice and solid

i also think i might have got some slightly bad gas b/c it was ticking a lil. teh last time i go to Hess damnit

i have vids available upon request (unless someone wants to host). my sister didnt start the recording until after i had taken off on the 2nd run, so it starts like right before i hit 2nd gear

LOTS of things to improve next time :tu the times may not be that great but im happy with them for now :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
a good set of tires would help your times alot i imagine,
last time i heard your tires were rather shitty.

·
Registered
808 Posts
the car has potential to hit mid to high 14s...even with the h23 tranny...there's two ppl on here that hit mid 14s with jdm h22/ h23 tranny. so its possible :D but nonetheless good run for the 1st time

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
:stupid

Good times though... Hope you had some fun!

~Peace

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
crdcz03 said:
before i post the times and what not... let me tell you the elements that caused my partial sucking

1. first time ever at the track
2. Regul Challenger tires
3. h23 tranny caused me to fall out of VTEC and i had to wait for what seemed like forever for it to hit the magic rpm

now on with the numbers:

1st run: (this slip is in my car and im too tired to go out and get it so x's = approximation)
RT: .644
60ft: 2.4x
mph: 90.xx
et: 15.8x

LOTS of wheel spin in first and half of second. the tree caught me by suprise so i didnt get the rpm's where i wanted them before i had to go. then i missed 3rd so yeah... shitty run but that was the first time ever! i can only get better from there

2nd run:
RT: .605
60ft: 2.357
mph: 92.05
et: 15.182

this run felt a lot better. i took my time warming up the tires (unlike last time where i was nervous and barely did anything lol), got lined up and held the rpms at 3k, spun a lil and hit every gear nice and solid

i also think i might have got some slightly bad gas b/c it was ticking a lil. teh last time i go to Hess damnit

i have vids available upon request (unless someone wants to host). my sister didnt start the recording until after i had taken off on the 2nd run, so it starts like right before i hit 2nd gear

LOTS of things to improve next time :tu the times may not be that great but im happy with them for now :)
go around the water box. ;)

btw, email or Aim them to me.

[email protected]

i can still take you on drag strip :ninja

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4bidden said:
Compress the videos and I can host them if you want.

Where are you shifting? Did you warm up the engine enough before the run? Most Hondas run a little stronger once they are decently warmed up.
yeah my engine was fully warmed... a bunch of people were pushing their cars and i was like "screw that its too cold out" haha so i just turned it on and pulled up through the staging lanes. so it was plenty warm... when i was in the staging lanes before the 2nd run my fans kept coming on so i think that should tell you how warm it was :hehe

i was shifting right at around 7k. my revlimiter is a t 7200 so there was no real reason to go any higher. saftety was my number one goal. i told everyone before i went "i dont care what times i run as long as i can drive it home :lol "

blake: im not a total newb, i went around teh waterbox :number1

hobie: i dropped out of vtec in every shift by what seemed like quite a few rpms. i need to get new injectors and a few other fuel related things so i can go back on the dyno. after i get that stuff they can lower the vtec engagement b/c last time i went on the dyno it kept leaning out, so he set the vtec high to stop the leaning out.

92lude: i know i can hit 14's with better tires and more experience, but one of these days ill get the JDM lsd tranny b/c its awesome! :number1

prlude4life: yeah the tires were reason #2 for my partial sucking as seen at the top of the post. i have a spare set of rims that i can get some tires for, so i might do that instead of buying four nice ones haha

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh btw, on the first run i beat a 3rd gen prelude by like 1.5-2 seconds (he ran like a 17.xx ):lol

and the 2nd run i lost to a 240sx by like a full second

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I should of came out.. cept I'm broke and didn't wanna spend $15 and the gas it takes to go to bithlo.. maybe next time lol

I have good tires so you couldda came by and I would of let you swap your rims with mine for the strip runs.. just as long as you didn't burn too much rubber :ninja

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
All that money to run what a stock h22 lude runs hmmm! Well it's not my car it's yours and the project probably helped you a lot with learning how to build a motor. I'm not going to dis you at all because that would send bad karma towards my motor :D ! How much power did this motor put down, can't remember if you showed a dyno or not. Tune in a 75 shot and you'd be in the 13's which is respectable enough to be included with evos, srt4's, and the likes of most camaros and mustangs. Good job craig, at least your honest about your times, proves you really don't care as long as it runs good. Someday we all have to grow up and realize a prelude will never be a good drag car and it seems like you have. I don't think I'm ever going to take mine down the track unless I find a goldmine to put a direct port kit on my motor. I wouldn't even waste my time with anything less than 150 shot! Then again I'm like you I want to drive it home. By the way your paint and color on that car looks really nice, I just don't dig stock wheels. I think your stance would be a lot better with a different rim!

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
All that money to run what a stock h22 lude runs hmmm! Well it's not my car it's yours and the project probably helped you a lot with learning how to build a motor. I'm not going to dis you at all because that would send bad karma towards my motor :D ! How much power did this motor put down, can't remember if you showed a dyno or not. Tune in a 75 shot and you'd be in the 13's which is respectable enough to be included with evos, srt4's, and the likes of most camaros and mustangs. Good job craig, at least your honest about your times, proves you really don't care as long as it runs good. Someday we all have to grow up and realize a prelude will never be a good drag car and it seems like you have. I don't think I'm ever going to take mine down the track unless I find a goldmine to put a direct port kit on my motor. I wouldn't even waste my time with anything less than 150 shot! Then again I'm like you I want to drive it home. By the way your paint and color on that car looks really nice, I just don't dig stock wheels. I think your stance would be a lot better with a different rim!
he could easily run mid 14's. He put down like 185 i think to the wheels.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blake is right about both numbers

i can guarantee you that my vtec engagement and my h23 tranny is what's killing me. possibly even more than the tires.

when i fall out of vtec i dont fall out like a normal h22 with an h23 tranny, i fall farther b/c my revlimiter is 7200 due to the weak h23 crank. so yeah, i fall about 500-1000 rpms farther than most h22'ers with h23 trannies.

i dig the stock wheels. sure i wouldnt mind having something in 16's and lightweight, but there are more important things to buy. and rims only grab attention, both good and bad. and me no likey bad attention b/c bad attention = stolen wheels/car

stockies shall stay for a while. :number1

edit: to put this tranny/revlimiter issue into perspective. most luders reach the end of the 1/4 mile either at the very very top of 3rd or have just shifted into 4th. however, i was in 4th for quite a long time before i reached the end. once i get the video(s) up you'll see just how long lol

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
preludedriver99 said:
That's pretty good torque numbers actually. Didn't know that 185 hp could get you a mid 14 second pass in a lude 4th or 5th gen.
thats whp not just hp btw... just clarifying

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
crdcz03 said:
thats whp not just hp btw... just clarifying
Well those numbers are actually pretty damn impressive if it's to the wheels. Why are the h23 cranks so weak? I'd imagine if you put on a rage header from kteller or some type of reputable header your gains would be significant. You have a vtec controller on the engine already don't you. There's got to be a way to keep this car in vtec, I know what you mean before I got the vtec controller I'd fall out momentarily on my car. When your at the strip with nothing but straight track ahead of you it does seem like an eternity until it engages again. Treat the car right and you'll just keep getting more and more happy with what you've done!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts