Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bashokay this is whats going on i have a 1991 acura integra, every time that i accelerate or step on the gas pedal it starts to shake really really bad, i thought it was the motor mounts buts its not, and im going crazy trying to figure it out... PLZ Help

· Registered
10,346 Posts
same here. sorry i cant help, but damn i want it solved

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
Uhhh well somebody told me its my alternator?? Uhhhh that doesnt make sense either. My car has recently decided that she does not want to be alive anymore. :( Just threw out $500 to some scum bag to replace my timing belt and water pump and blahhh blahhh blaaaahhhh! It has gotta better since then though so maybe you should get your timing belt checked?? If that slips youre fucked.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
If the alt was going bad, you might see stumbling due to not producing enough voltage for proper ignition. But then you would also have other issues as well.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Uhhh well somebody told me its my alternator?? Uhhhh that doesnt make sense either. My car has recently decided that she does not want to be alive anymore. :( Just threw out $500 to some scum bag to replace my timing belt and water pump and blahhh blahhh blaaaahhhh! It has gotta better since then though so maybe you should get your timing belt checked?? If that slips youre fucked.
dude, you paid 500 for a single cam timing job? come on dude, thats an easy job, worst part is breaking the crank bolt loose, thsoe are always a bitch if the timing is over 100k miles old.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
dude

that sucks homey, i once wanted my car to quit leaking oil so bad i took to mechanic and i told him i needed head gasket but to also replace any other gaskets or seals that might look bad on the way. so dude says okay, and calls me the next day says car's ready and said it wasn't the head gasket, just crankshaft seal, he didn't do what i asked him to do and he charged 200 bucks. 3 to 4 days later oil still leaking and oil in the coolant system. i feel your pain, just gotta be patient and make sure you get as close to 100% as possible of knowing what the problem is and don't let anyone change your mind for you once you've reached that point. but as for shaking on accel maybe check the fuel pump and its pressure, i know it can really screw things up

· Registered
195 Posts
mine does the same thing. its not too much of a problem because it only happens if you slam on the gas really fucking hard. just punching doesnt do it in my integra but idk. i live with it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the whole car shakes....... it shake so bad that my muffler fell to the ground it feels like the car is gonna fall a part. I piad some guy to fix it and he replaced the motor mounts and the spindel thinking that was the problem but it wasn't, now my car is just sitting cuz i dont feel safe driving it in that condition..... :(

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Are the wheels balanced? Toe and camber checked? bad bushings in the suspension? alignment done? Some axles vibrate bad due to poor quality, you replace one recently?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup Yp.... Now my Tranny went out on me i was driving it and everything seemed like it fixed itself but it didnt, i was on the freeway on fith gear all of a suden it throws me of fith and i put it back in and it didnt want to go anywhere...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.