Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was just doing my own thing and all of a sudden my whole back ground turned black and a bunch of icons self downloaded it self to my computer. The wallpaper was just one giant link to a website about something called big brother watching me and that they can get all my files and ruin my life I have ran adware SE, Spybot, and i a few others im sure Dirrty could tell you. I get alot of pop-ups and after running all of theese programs none of it goes away. I will post up a screen shot when i get home from school. I think i have the Big Brother Virus but im not sure what to do to get rid of this kind of deal. I will post up more info when i get home so then i can get screen shots of whats going on.I will put up more info when i get home later. Thanks in advance for the help guys,

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dled that and than scanned it and it said i cant remove anything without buying the full version...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Shit. I will look for another

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Ok so after a little research i found that big brother is a key logger and someone usually has to manually install it. For removal you have to hit ctrl-alt-del and open the task manager. Go to the processes tab and find bigbrother.exe and stop the process. Then run a search on your hard drive for bigbrother.exe and delete the file.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched for the files and there is nothing like that on here. Here is what my wall paper looks like and this is what the link imbedded into my wall paper looks like...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
lol ok let me write up the walk through, i got it

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
right click on desktop (not on the web part, and if you cant go to control panel and click display

go to the Desktop tab

Click on customize desktop button

Go to the Web tab

Delete all of the web pages listed, if they wont delete uncheck the boxes next to them

click ok on that window then click apply

Tell me if anything is still left

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
u can see most of hte programs i helped justin install on his desktop...look how many there are...haha

ive nebar heard of teh bigbro virus =\ ?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome it worked...There was a thing called security in the web file and i deleted that and it disapeared. Now do i have a virus or was it just something that got put on my desktop?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Nope. That happened to me with some random picture of a whale once, and i was so confused for like an hour haha. If nothing turns up on your virus scan or adaware you should be set now :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks alot man i was worried all day that my computer was messed up bad. You get major rep ;) Thanks again, Now im off to scan for some spyware.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Another satisfied customer :byye

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im still getting pop-ups and stuff stil keep re downloading into my computer. Like icons put themselevs on the desk-top like visa platinum card, evidence eraser pop-up blocker, The same 5 icons even after i put them in the recycle bin they resinstall themselve back on the desktop within a hour. And the wallpaper trys to change to the other one but instead stays white and i have to go threw the proces to change it back.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
damn, can you get me a screen shot of your task manager? The processes tab

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Type_SH RaCer said:

Hijack this is more for advanced users. However if you do run hijack this, If you can post the log up here it would be helpful and maybe shed some light on the issue. As i posted before a screen shot of the processes tab in yoru task manager may be all you need for me to determine the particular issue.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

heres the processed tab. Man i need help asap my computer is getting worse i cante even log on to msn it says my password is wrong.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
OK if you right click on a process and try to end it. Attempt to end

soft32.exe

ywncdr.exe

all of the iexplore.exe tasks (this will close your browser)

mpbtn.exe

after that see if any of those auto restart, and how your computer runs

also it looks to me like you have no antivirus program running. Try going to www.grisoft.com and get the free antivirus

Additionaly. Search cwshredder.exe on google. Download the exe from the first or second result. Run that program

1 - 20 of 36 Posts