Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gunna be looking into buying a nice clean 2nd gen integra shell soon. I want to throw in a b18c into it. I think im going with the 5 speed LSD transsmission, and yea im pretty excited considering im going to be able to take my time with a help of a friend or two and the proper tools, as I wont be relying on the vehicle for transportation purposes ( works rite by house)...so excited.

defiantly gunna buy the honda engine swaps book and read through it.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Im gunna be looking into buying a nice clean 2nd gen integra shell soon. I want to throw in a b18c into it. I think im going with the 5 speed LSD transsmission, and yea im pretty excited considering im going to be able to take my time with a help of a friend or two and the proper tools, as I wont be relying on the vehicle for transportation purposes ( works rite by house)...so excited.

defiantly gunna buy the honda engine swaps book and read through it.
The book by Aaron Bonk?

If so, thats a good read, lots of good info in there for newbies. I learned a shit ton about swaps, what works, what doesn't, what you need ect.

I wish more ppl on here would buy it so they wouldnt ask retarded questions all the damn time.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FUck yes, just ordered the book by mr bonk called"honda engine swaps" off amazon for 16 Bucks with SHIPPING!! hell yea. I wanna throw in a ffresh new b18c1 JDM spec GSR with a new 5 speed LSD, I just wanna get a really clean shell and throw in a buitiful motor in it, plan on spending a while to get it right. I cant wait till that book comes in, its got every damn engine in it !! i wonder how thick it is.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
FUck yes, just ordered the book by mr bonk called"honda engine swaps" off amazon for 16 Bucks with SHIPPING!! hell yea. I wanna throw in a ffresh new b18c1 JDM spec GSR with a new 5 speed LSD, I just wanna get a really clean shell and throw in a buitiful motor in it, plan on spending a while to get it right. I cant wait till that book comes in, its got every damn engine in it !! i wonder how thick it is.
it's it's a 1.8 liter vtec motor from japan. it's just b18c. not b18c1. that's an american version and it's different than the jdm one.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
not very thick, prob. 150 pgs tops. Lots of good pics tho. I highly recommend the book.

And you mean a fresh JDM B18c, the c1 is the USDM designation, as we just went over a few posts prior. hehe

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea thats what i meant. B18 C. i dont no why i put a 1. i think its cuz i was lookin at motors on ebay and typed it lol..........but yea so does that sound like something that could be accomplished. And from your guys perspective

couple of questions

!. how long does it take with the aid of someone else
2. on a scale from 1-10 what difficulty level is it

3. how much welding and custom fab etc. is involved.

other big tools to buy other than hoist?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Yea thats what i meant. B18 C. i dont no why i put a 1. i think its cuz i was lookin at motors on ebay and typed it lol..........but yea so does that sound like something that could be accomplished. And from your guys perspective

couple of questions

!. how long does it take with the aid of someone else
2. on a scale from 1-10 what difficulty level is it

3. how much welding and custom fab etc. is involved.

other big tools to buy other than hoist?
Depends on your help:lmao

Yes, its quite doable, and sounds like fun, should be fun when you get it done.

As far as tools other than the hoist, depends on what you already have, here's the standard arsenal I use working on Honda's:

- 3/8in Impact gun
- full set of metric sockets, tho 9-19mm is all you should need.
- A few vise grips
- Hoist
- Scrap iron
- Hammer and mallet
- scewdrivers
- socket wrench extentions, I have a 5in, and a 2in, and that gets most things.
- socket wrenches
- Torque wrench
- Filter wrench
- a socket big enough to take your hub nuts off
- Lots of light
- Open and box end wrenches, in metric
- torch
- C-clamp's
- Needle nose plyers
- and last but most certainly not least, the DAMNIT tool, lol

Thats pretty much all I use, and I can get everything done I need to.

· Registered
2,806 Posts
^^^ Definitely have used all of those!
A jack and set of good jack stands are something I would add to that list. Also, a long breaker bar. Sometimes the impact won't get it and the brealer bar will loosen up stuck bolts so the impact gun will do it's thing. Also, a dremmel comes in handy time to time....

· Registered
12,453 Posts
^^^ Definitely have used all of those!
A jack and set of good jack stands are something I would add to that list. Also, a long breaker bar. Sometimes the impact won't get it and the brealer bar will loosen up stuck bolts so the impact gun will do it's thing. Also, a dremmel comes in handy time to time....
ohh, good call mang, forgot to include thoes.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW, I already have like all of those tools. Need to get my 3 ton low pro jack and 3 ton tall stands tho, so my shit will be way up in the air. im so syced, but its gunna be hard to finda nice teggy shell. type r would be sick too. idk, i still havent realy made up my mine, maybe even a hatch or a del sol, whatever kinda shell I can find.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
WOW, I already have like all of those tools. Need to get my 3 ton low pro jack and 3 ton tall stands tho, so my shit will be way up in the air. im so syced, but its gunna be hard to finda nice teggy shell. type r would be sick too. idk, i still havent realy made up my mine, maybe even a hatch or a del sol, whatever kinda shell I can find.
A word from the wise:

You're excited now, as you should be, but just wait till you start working on it and encounter all thoes fun snags you hit when repairing cars:giggle

There will be a few days you want to take your car and set it on fire and laugh hystaricly as it burns to the ground.

But for the most part there fun, at least you'll learn by doing, which it what I've done, worked out well for me, haha.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude I know exactly what your talking about. you get something that seems fucking impossible to do and streess out till it gets done......hah been there and im looking forward to it. ... lol like i said tho, shits gunna take a while, but im gunna make it work..........haha.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FIgured out what Im Gunna do, Just wait till I have like 1500 saved, and get whatever kinda nice shell I can get, and use the book to help me fig out what I want. Maybe 96 accord with h22, civic with b16, integra b18, prelude with a nice beefer h22a, del sol with a b16a3..........IDK i have options, But i know i want to throw a lag on it after i swap it. Also, off topic, its not possible to change your profile name is it?

And then threes always the CRX...................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.