Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just take a moment and look at all the prices that these kids want for dohc vtec heads and engine swaps.
Notice i said kids?????TEENAGERS with moms money
ONE wants like 900 for a complete dohc vtec head PLUS shipping

another wants 700 for just the head and valve cover???????

Were are these teenagers getting this crap? I think i'm gonna have to search for a differant forum soon. Its getting overwelmed by HIGH SCHOOL kids . sorry i know that this belongs in forums but I had to make my point here were evryone looks. sorry and next time i'l go there

·
Registered
529 Posts
in order to afford the car their mom bought them. or parts for said car. you know how it is...sponsored by mom n dad. they can name any price because most likely...some unwittingly n00b will be dooped into buying it. just glad to know that someone is aware of these ridiculous prices and pointed it out.

maybe these heads are lined with gold, white gold, or platinum...maybe its a fubu b16 head, or a sean john b18 valve cover...use your imagination. laters.

·
Registered
302 Posts
lol.... yeah you're completely right

·
Registered
44 Posts
thats what you get for boards like these...and every buyer is a low baller... so what can you say.. I am gald to know that I also participate in another board that knows the values of parts... like picking up a dohc vtec valve cover for 30 shipped rather than 100 plus shipping... CRAZY!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
gina said:

ONE wants like 900 for a complete dohc vtec head PLUS shipping

another wants 700 for just the head and valve cover???????

b16 heads go for like $500, GSR heads go for a bill more, type R heads can get as high as 900 used stock. now 700 for a built b16 head is understandable.

as for motorswaps, b16 longblocks are about $700. GSRs can go for around $1800. Type-R about double the GSRs. These are JDM motors i'm talking about.

now H-series are a different story. we can sell them high because they're more rare than most b-series and some other economic factors. but $800 for a jdm h22 head is a pretty damn good price imo. so yeah, i guess you're right about the high ass prices, but kids will be kids, and the avid price shopper will continue to search for the best price.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I vote for an age limit , and knowledge in all the forums

I'm a high school kid and I bought my car without anybodys help. I got my car for $1000 with no engine and i had alot of money left so I dropped a B16A1 engine in it without any help from my parents and family. Although I do know alot of kids that have tyheir cars because of their parents and I really don't care as long as they don't brag about it and act like they know everything.

Mat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.