Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well i found someone selling an almost full kit, but i had them take out some stuff i didnt realyl want , heres what im interested in getting
Turbonetics T3, 60 trim?has a nitrous pill in it for lag in case needed
Drag mainfold
Turbonetics, delta 2wastegate
HKS ssq bov
FMU unknown?
all necc oil lines and fittings
gaskets for the mainfold and trbo
and i think thats all i said I wanted from it ,
it had a bootleg boost gauge from ractive and a starion intercooler too . . .
anyway $1100 shipped to my door? sound good or pass?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why nnot , not big enough? thats what my friend said too? he said to go t3 t4 highbrid

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
what pisses me off is that t3/t4 is the only turbo in the typical honda guy's vocabulary... the t3 is fine... but if i were you, i wouldnt turbo at all... the b18c5 shouldnt be turboed IMO...

·
Registered
365 Posts
itr206 said:
OK well i found someone selling an almost full kit, but i had them take out some stuff i didnt realyl want , heres what im interested in getting
Turbonetics T3, 60 trim?has a nitrous pill in it for lag in case needed
Drag mainfold
Turbonetics, delta 2wastegate
HKS ssq bov
FMU unknown?
all necc oil lines and fittings
gaskets for the mainfold and trbo
and i think thats all i said I wanted from it ,
it had a bootleg boost gauge from ractive and a starion intercooler too . . .
anyway $1100 shipped to my door? sound good or pass?
everybody can put a dick in their ear and F**k what they heard. There is nothing wrong with turbo charging your type r. Just dont get crazy and boost over 10 psi on stock sh*t. Also tell him to knock off 150 and have him keep that P.O.S delta gate, unless u like boost creep. Buy a tial 35mm. Make sure that you ask him what disk he has in that fmu. YOur gonna need a 12:1 disk if your gonna run stock injectors. Also invest in a fuel pump (walboro/holley 255lph) shouldnt run you more than 125. Is he giving you the downpipe,IC piping, charge pipe and all the other pipes? If he is gonna provide you with all that then i say go for it. Happy BOosting!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already got the fuel shit form my nitrous stuff.
but i foudn another with a t3, 60 trim .48 stage 2blade?
spearco intercooler, tial wastegate, cast maifold, i think blitz bov and piping, lines, ect, fot $1400, or working on a trade for like $700 plus my nitrous kit .

·
Registered
956 Posts
boostedb16a3
everybody can put a dick in their ear and F**k what they heard. There is nothing wrong with turbo charging your type r. Just dont get crazy and boost over 10 psi on stock sh*t. Also tell him to knock off 150 and have him keep that P.O.S delta gate, unless u like boost creep. Buy a tial 35mm. Make sure that you ask him what disk he has in that fmu. YOur gonna need a 12:1 disk if your gonna run stock injectors. Also invest in a fuel pump (walboro/holley 255lph) shouldnt run you more than 125. Is he giving you the downpipe,IC piping, charge pipe and all the other pipes? If he is gonna provide you with all that then i say go for it. Happy BOosting!
its so good to hear that, right on dude. I hate everyone saying "its high compression", "its suposed to be a all motor engine"....funk dat ...i want boost.:)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to tel you ther truth i dont care what anyone says, im going boost they said no juice, leave it all motor and no one could touch me .
now i wanna go boost to prove em wrong again , the cvompression thing shold only be an issue when running super high boost, im only gonna push maybe 8psi max on the stock bottom end . and ill get the inline pro headgasket , just in case. but im nt worried.

·
Registered
433 Posts
hhaha, this is all funny.

high comp plus turbo is nice..thats why i kept 10:! comp on my motor.
anyhow, if ur going to run a FMU, ull need a inline pump, not a intank. intank provide high volume wherease inline provides high pressure. stock turbo R's dont last long w/ out good tuning. thus get a standalone. t3 is a nice turbo, u can get a t3 60-1 which is super kick ass. if ur gonna get a standalone, u dont even need a fmu or other parts so u should research all of this beforehand. 60 trim means that the ar on the blade is a .60 ...takes a lil longer to spool but worth it so u can hook up .

·
Registered
956 Posts
would the vafc count as a fmu?

·
Registered
433 Posts
no . an fmu is its own fpr in a way. it comes w/ discs such as 1:1 8: 1 . 12:1 that put that much fuel per lb of boost.

·
Registered
365 Posts
roby said:
hhaha, this is all funny.

high comp plus turbo is nice..thats why i kept 10:! comp on my motor.
anyhow, if ur going to run a FMU, ull need a inline pump, not a intank. intank provide high volume wherease inline provides high pressure. stock turbo R's dont last long w/ out good tuning. thus get a standalone. t3 is a nice turbo, u can get a t3 60-1 which is super kick ass. if ur gonna get a standalone, u dont even need a fmu or other parts so u should research all of this beforehand. 60 trim means that the ar on the blade is a .60 ...takes a lil longer to spool but worth it so u can hook up .
This is true about tuning and fuel mangement. I think that it2r206 should go with a ERL MF2 off of the fmax kits, and tune the hell out of it. Its cheaper than buying hondata and in my opinion its efficiency range is pretty close to each other. YOu can go with the inline pro head gasket if you are scared. It will drop you around b16a3 compression. I think you would be alright with the stock compression though.
Later

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i think im just gonna piece something together thats new and getr it from my dist at my business discount tosave the money adn get something that i know that works,
imgonna start with the first phase with the drag piping and drag intercooler , hks ssq bov , tial 35 mm wastegate.
next step in about a moth or two or three will be the turbo and the manifold, turbo will be t3\4 dont know the brand yet, but the maniofld im thinking on getting the sfp, and then the last step is getting thre injectors, fuel pump, and standalone. might go with either the hondata or the aem? dont knwo yet, we'll see, i just wanna be running by early next season .

·
Registered
365 Posts
I see you said you were going to buy a south florida performance manifold? Are u in Fla? Just curious cause im looking for someone to battle with. There are nothing but herbs around here with 95 dx sedans w/ apc stickers. By the way did you say that you have a itr intake manifold for sale? How much? Ill trade you an fmu and some cash for it. LEt me know
Later

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im in miami... ill race you :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
sfp mani looks pretty shitty to me..
id get a inline pro. if u dont wanna keep ac then get a full tubular!
get the turbo first and mani...just an idea..

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the sfp looked nice to me? ill look around more to see what i want . im getting some of the stuf today. just not the manifold. ill prob order the turbo today i decided on the garret t3-04e on group buy , tial 35mm wg, and drag piping today .
get in contaxct with me about the manifold. its gon ahve holes in it from my foggers? but can plug em or weld em or something . lmk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.