Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i ride bikes, i love anythign on 2 wheels, but i want to know why 9/10 people who ride think they are automatically permitted to park anywhere they want to it really bugs the shit out of me where some riders park, on sidewalks, in turn ins from the road, etc WTF!? use a fucking parking spot! if theres not one close then park out further like everyone else... a bike is not a handicap pass to park in front of the door :noo

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Iono, as long as the bike is out of the way it doesn't bother me. Parking in a real space is kinda sketchy, the way some people whip into the places, they wouldn't even see your bike until its too late. Concrete sidewalks are also nice cause down here in florida during hot summer days the kick stand likes to sink into the asphalt, and you can't always find a spare coke can laying around. Designated bike parking is my number one choice, but like i said, as long as its out of the way and not hurting any one.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i had a 600RR and i always parked like a normal person would, i just get frustrated when i see bikes parked 2 feet literally from the door, when the lot is empty it just pisses me off i get nailed for parking more than 20 inches from the curb when bikes all over the place park where street legal vehicles are not supposed to be.....i mean no disrespect to any rider, but wtf?? youre not special......... i understand hwo ppl whip into spots and the risk of damage, but that by no means permits you to park on a walkway or as ive seen even worse ppl park in the damn turn in of a parking lot so you turn in and have to dodge a bike................ i dont mean to hate, i mean i ride bmx, mtn bike, mx, and mini's, i love bikes but soem riders apparently just here are a little wee-todd-id

·
Registered
406 Posts
your from colorado springs? i used to live there, a beautiful
place. i lived at rockrimmon and delmonico, the condo's on the
corner

·
Registered
661 Posts
I know where i live it is legal to park on side walks, and next to handicap spots (in the yellow lines, not in the spot itself), etc. Makes more sense to me considering a bike in a normal parking space is really inefficient compared to letting a bike park where cars wont/cant fit and allow the space to be free for another car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.