Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering what turbo engines people are using (if at all) on their civic SIs. I have a black 00 SI and I am interested in switching to Turbo. I heard somewhere taht Vortec makes a good engine for my car... is taht a myth?

· Registered
344 Posts
Vortec, although technically a belt driven turbo, its a supercharger. It is a bolt on kit, not a engine. As any turbo, you use your engine, but bolt on a turbo. All depends on how much $$$$$$$$$$$ and patience u have....

· Registered
290 Posts
iShIi said:
Hey, I was wondering what turbo engines people are using (if at all) on their civic SIs. I have a black 00 SI and I am interested in switching to Turbo. I heard somewhere taht Vortec makes a good engine for my car... is taht a myth?
You don't need to change engines to go Turbo. Just buy a turbo kit for your existing engine. The B16A2 that you have in that car is one of the best Honda engines ever made.

Vortech make a belt driven supercharger but I think I would look around and do a lot more reading if I were you. There is many to chose from so it all depends how far you want to go.

Keep in mind that unless you build up your internals about 7 PSI boost is about all that you want to run. Much more than that will be pushing the stress limits and you risk blowing the engine.

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
From what I have seen on SHO the Greddy turbo kit and intercoller are very popular with guys who are using stock internals, but if you are planning on changing your engine internals to handle more boost a RevHard turbo kit is the only way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.