Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YO wassup guy new to tha site, I got a 93 f22a that I had now for 6yrs it has aem short ram, HPracing headers, testpipe, and a Greddy EVO 2 catback. my motor is still very strong and runs like a top I jus want more power I want to do a engine swap but im nervous I dont want to having any problems if i get as fars as break downs and ish like that my car has never let me down. So what motor should I get I know everybody does H22 swaps but I want something different but wit power what do yall suggest???

· Registered
134 Posts
Well if you want it to stay reliable, stick with your I/H/E setup because once you start pushing more than that, say goodbye to reliability. The only real option you have is to either swap a h22 or boost it. I hear that the f22 has a pretty sturdy block which can handle boost well. But if I were you, I would just throw an H in it since its a pretty simple swap and then maybe do an H2B conversion with a nice set of cams and some tuning.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have always called the big boys when modding an engine vs replacing with bigger ci/cc. Crane was good but alas..... so Crower(not to be confused with Brian Crower), Skunk 2, Comp, HK is good for American. They will also give you applicable duration/lift and VT specs.

· Registered
22,822 Posts
just boost it. swaps are overpriced and overrated. it takes thousands of dollars to make any remote kind of power n/a
the f22 block is good for boost too.

· Registered
22,822 Posts
or he could get a f20c and rev super high and have rwd too. then like all of the chicks would want you dude....

· Registered
110 Posts
all you need is an h22 head, crank gear, water pump, and to pull the oil orfice out of the block and the h22 head will bolt right on!! and if you still wanted to boost, it will still have low compression!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.