Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need to cover up on my 1994 accord ex before i start to spray my engine down. "i dont wanna funk up my engine"

·
Registered
211 Posts
read the direction on the cleaner
you need to cover most of the electronic part
and intake also
make sure engine bay dry after you cleaned iit

·
Registered
772 Posts
hehe i just spray the bitch with the power washer, and have somone in the car hold the RPM to 1.2k while i spray it down.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
well da carwash i go to has an engine cleaner and i just turn my car off put da cleaner on and pressure wash it off, and it starts up fine and no problems yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would do it if u had ur stock intake but if u got a performance one then it could get some water in ur engine which is every bad.
And try to stay away from the distributor.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
hehe i just spray the bitch with the power washer, and have somone in the car hold the RPM to 1.2k while i spray it down.
You obviously have the person hold it at 1.2k in your 2002 accord type r correct?
If you cant say any serious shit.......shut the fuck up you little highh school bitch.
I'm sure me among many others are SiCk Of YoUr RePlIeS LyKe DiS and shit.
There is no spoon, there is no 2002 accord type r, your car is a fuckin example of how NOT to fix up an accord and your sn is that of a riceboy.

in response to the post; cover up all electrical components really well, then have fun CAREFULLY cleaning the engine and engine bay. It has taken a couple guys here on sho about 2 days to completely do it (maybe overkill) but they wanted to be 110000 percent sure EVERYTHING was dry before they started (or attempted) to start up the car again.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
if the water you're using is distilled/deionized, then it's pretty much pure H20 which has no problems on electricity etc etc, but yeah, you don't wanna suck it thru your intake or actually get it INSIDE the engine. i work for an electrical engineering company and one day i saw these guys spraying down high voltage transformers down w/ water. i thought that looked kind of weird, but the water was deionized so they didn't get hurt or damage the equipment.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
oy, and kevin, chill w/ the flaming.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Never cleaned the engine of my car before but i heard steam is safe and it gets the job done. Well steam, towel and other stuff of course. No water going everywhere and into some places u dont want. You can buy that steam thingy they have on those informercials which uses steam to clean crap. Or you can buy a steam wizard from sharper image. Just an idea

·
Registered
772 Posts
STFU foo 02 TSX is ATR u doomshaist, FFS and also Type-R is h22 powered so if u have an accord wit a h22 its basically Type R nikka just not the body

·
Registered
58 Posts
uh ok yah....wtf did he just say?:confused:

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
STFU foo 02 TSX is ATR u doomshaist, FFS and also Type-R is h22 powered so if u have an accord wit a h22 its basically Type R nikka just not the body
02 TSX? uhmmm....the TSX came out in 03. and an accord w/ an h22 does NOT qualify it for type-r status. the chassis are different and so is the suspension setup. other little things are different too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
02 TSX? uhmmm....the TSX came out in 03. and an accord w/ an h22 does NOT qualify it for type-r status. the chassis are different and so is the suspension setup. other little things are different too.
accord02typer.... wut a nub

PWNED by ultra:D

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
People gotta get their infos right before they post up stuff or they will just make themselves look dumb.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Da|2kZe|2o said:
People gotta get their infos right before they post up stuff or they will just make themselves look dumb.
if they posting a question, then no, they don't have to have info straight because they are ASKING, but when you give out wrong information as an answer, then that qualifies for ownage. remember, we don't want people to be afraid to ask questions, but if you're not over 70% sure about your answer say so or just don't answer.

edit, anyways, i feel the question has been answered already, and this thread has turned into a bunch of flaming, so i'm closing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.