Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it must be from the previous owner....so im looking at it but not really sure what was acually done...look like it says that the timming belt was replace or somthing at 40k miles...and other stuff to....so what was being done here????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like you had a bad tensioner. Happened to my friend. It also looks like warranty work. They replace the tensioner and the belts, since the belts were flapping againt the cover (causing the noise). No problem. If it had slipped, then maybe problem. But, if you've been driving it all along like I know you have ;) then there's no prob....

·
Registered
14 Posts
rattling from tensioner, somewhat common i guess - timing belt was<should> have been changed at the same time. TSB on it somewhere...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i would imagine they would've

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
97lude said:
i would imagine they would've
well the invoice does say "timing belt and/or drive pully and/or balancer belt replace" so does that mean that all this stuff was replace??? and on the bottom it says w- timming belt kit $360 what is a timming belt kit?? is this the timming belt itself?? and was this replace??:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
it should have been replaced, but no one here is going to be able to tell you if it was.

the only way to know for sure is to call the place and ask, its your car now so they shouldnt give you any shit about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts