Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to this brake shop today to have my brakes checked out and they refused me service coz "your car is a specialty car, and we don't have the capability to service you." what kind of bullshit is that? i asked for further explanation, and all they can tell me is that preludes require 'specialized services' which they claim they can't do for me. that only certain shops are able to get the parts for preludes, and that their mechanics aren't trained to work on cars such as preludes. so by now of course i've had it with this place. they were working on a corolla when i was there so i know they're not against servicing imports in general. preludes aren't like mercedes benz or ferraris where parts are so to come by on a timely basis and cost an arm and a leg to get em. i know some cars require special attention only dealerships and select shops are equipped to handle, but that's not preludes nor any honda, except for maybe the nsx. eh, oh well. went to a shop down the street who were more than willing to check my brakes out. so it all worked out in the end just fine. just ran into some bad luck and into some worthless pieces of shits.

· Registered
274 Posts
That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Brakes are brakes. I wouldn't have wasted my time with them. Obviously, they don't want your business, and I'm glad you found a shop that did.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
they were bullshitting you as far as I know. I never had a problem getting brake service for my 5th gen lude. Changing your brake pads is a DIY though.;)

· Registered
8,520 Posts
Oh well ... i get shit like that all the time.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I do all my brake work...I put my big brake kit in...bleed the brake system...and will be putting on new brake pads in a couple days....Hawk HP Plus:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.