Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Thought: "How come animals never get gray hair?". She's about 15, which is like 90 in cat years, but still no gray. Every other animal I can think of is the same way. What's the difference? I know humans have an enzyme, or something, that blocks the graying process, which is caused by some other enzyme, or something, but the first weakens over time, thus graying begins. If someone could find the secret of the non-graying of the animals, and successfully incorporate it into a human body: instant billionaire! Think about it. Dr. Doolittle?
That's another thing: "Doolittle"...what's that name about? Doing little? If I could talk to the animals I'd be King of the World! Think about it.

PS: I'm not on any drugs, or even booze, just thinking. Discuss.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
Actually dogs and cats do gray. Just like some people don't, some animals don't. No I agree, a larger population of dogs and cats don't gray vs the population of people. It could possibly also be tied to the hair vs fur difference. For instance, when humans go through chemotherapy, they lose their hair. When dogs go through chemo therapy they lose hair, but don't lose fur. What the real difference is I dunno, but you can look it up at that point since I'm too lazy to do it right now.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dogs hair turned grey/white...
No way, dude! I want pics! Nice to see some old sigs, nonetheless. I've had about five cats over my life, (a couple were killed by dogs), a few dogs, who killed the cats, but no gray on any of them. I'm surprised no science "gurus" haven't checked into this. There's got to some biological answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
.....Thought: "How come animals never get gray hair?". She's about 15, which is like 90 in cat years, but still no gray. Every other animal I can think of is the same way. What's the difference? I know humans have an enzyme, or something, that blocks the graying process, which is caused by some other enzyme, or something, but the first weakens over time, thus graying begins. If someone could find the secret of the non-graying of the animals, and successfully incorporate it into a human body: instant billionaire! Think about it. Dr. Doolittle?
That's another thing: "Doolittle"...what's that name about? Doing little? If I could talk to the animals I'd be King of the World! Think about it.

PS: I'm not on any drugs, or even booze, just thinking. Discuss.
You're high......on curiosity, but I've seen golden retrievers with grey and white fur on their faces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts