Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on an unfamiliar section of road tonight with a lot of closely spaced intersections. What happened was that I got my eyes fixed on the signals at the intersection farther up (green light) instead of the signals at the intersection immediately ahead (red light)... I noticed my mistake too late and quickly slammed on the brakes... the ABS kicked in... but I knew I wasn't going to stop in time. Thankfully, there wasn't any car in the crossing road! I am very lucky because that was one of the more busy roads in the city. So I continued my way across the intersection on a red light... it scare the heck out of my passenger.

The braking distance in the RSX Type S is ridiculously long... I think it had something to do with the OEM tires again!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It would have been a very seriously collision if there was a car coming in the cross road... very lucky... Getting T-boned or T-boning somebody at that speed would probably totalled the car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The RSX definitely needs more stopping power... getting high performance tires will definitely help stopping power alot.

I am still very thankful that I got away with one...:)

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
shit my prelude needs better braking...it sucks ass!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
probably took the impact at the front end... then spun around and hit the left and then the right... really no idea... at least not until I see the left side of the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What the hell happened to the paint though? Looks like it was on fire or something... But if you look at the driver side, it's different...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.