Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my proble, Before when i had the iacv connected the rpm would go up and down from 900 rpm to about 1800 rpm, but when i disconnected it the car would idle normally. but recently the car started bouncing again, from 1k rpm to 1400rpm. but its not like when the iacv is connected, its fast paced. its really pissing me off as for codes its throwing o2 sensor. iacv. Can some one help. how do i bypass the damn iacv. i just want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wipeout97 said:
I would take off the EGR and clean it very well, then buy a new gasket from autozone for a buck and replace it. Also I would get a pressure gauge and make sure your vacuum line is putting out at least 17 psi if not more. See if the pressure jumps up and down at idle. If it does the new part should cost only maybe 40 bucks and you can reconnect your IACV without a hitch. The pressure guage should only cost around 8-12 bucks and you will probably use it a couple times in your life anyway. Hope this helps!
thanks, the EGR vavle i have is Brand new from honda. i bought it about a month ago. actually i have 3 , i might sell one, i bought one of a h22 with 22k miles. and then bought a brand new one. ill try that. thanks alot.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wipeout97 said:
If the EGR is new and clean (did you get a replacement gasket (very very important)) I would just get the pressure guage to check your vacuum line. Have you messed around at all with your air and fuel mixture ratio? This can also cause spikes in idle, rough idle, and decreased performance at certain RPM's. :bh
well the o2 sensor check engine light is on, i also put in a apex'i vtec controller. so i guess i did.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wipeout97 said:
This will help me greatly diagnose the problem, does your fuel smell at all like its running rich? Do your eyes burn if you car is at idle and you stand near the rear of the car? If not, does the exhaust pipe put out an almost pure exhaust with almost no noticeable smell at all? Let me know when you get a chance.
ok as for exhaust smell, im not sure what rich smells like but i can smell the exhaust its white smoke, normal, not too much not too little. Kinda cold so i guess the white smoke is normal. but as for the smell.. id say yes. its a pretty noticable smell at first. , but that would be cause i have the stock accord cat, which i had to gut cause it got clogged. and didnt have the money to buy a high flow one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wipeout97 said:
The problem was there before the apexi correct? Thinking of the easiest scenario, I know you don't want to buy parts you don't need and neither do I. Give me a day and let rethink everything. Can you do me a favor and list all aftermarket upgrades under the hood? Also did the problem just occur one day or was it within a week after adding a mod? Thanks :eek
aftermarket parts consist of unorthodox light weight crank pulley, dc headers, aem intake, walbro 255 fuel pump. and umm gutted catalic converter with stock accord piping. and the apexi controller. Actually i added the controller last, it didnt do it before , it just recently did after i added the controller,. but the controller been there for 3 months now, and it just recently started doing it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wipeout97 said:
I know you are going to hate seeing this but if it were Me I would remove the apexi controller and see if the problem is still occuring as bad. I know this requires time and may not be the problem but I think it may be closely related.

If the IACV has been removed and cleaned recently I would doubt that to be the issue. I have heard of alot of people replacing this unit but in my experience the only time I have seen the unit go bad was when the car had been in a flood situation. Cleaning has always fixed the issue for me and my friends.

If neither of this works, is your cars idle jumping or do you also feel a slight jerk timed with the idle. If you feel just a little bit of a kick, jerk, or car shake you may just have a bent valve or need to redo a valve adjustment. Alot of mechanics look at the wrong specs for valves and even though the car can still run you will always have weird issues when idleing. If you want to see if a valve is bent or mis lashed the easiest think I can tell you is to turn the engine counter-clockwise using the Crankshaft pulley bolt and listen for Air. If your spark plugs are in you should only build pressure, not lose it. Try this is all else fails. If you have any questions just let me know.

I am still thinking and actually staring at my engine on a regular basis right now to figure out what the issue might be connected to. Most of the time if I just stare at my car I can figure out what the problem is. Its weird I know but just imagine your thinking like an engine. You need all the elements to come together at the right time.......what isn't there.

Hope this helps, let me know if any of these ideas work or you feel I am off.

WipeOut97 :bh
the whole valve adjustments i was gonna do anyways, i have an appointment tomorrow at "realistic" swap experts on imports hopefully they can fix it ill let you know what was wrong with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.