Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IACV shit the bed when I was tuning my setup and I have a replacement on the way. Question being, whats the best way to block off the coolant from getting to the IACV during replacement? Just plug the 2 hoses running to the TB?

·
Registered
151 Posts
do you want to be able to drive? or just let it sit until the new IACV comes? if u want to drive it, just get a peice of coolant line and bridge the line coming off the water tube on the back of the block (supply to IACV) with the little inlet on the intake manifold. this will bypass the IACV. if u have a EX, or side draft IM, go to the FIT (fast idle thermo valve) instead of the inlet on the IM. if u arent driving it, just plug em.

·
Registered
139 Posts
bobbo said:
My IACV shit the bed when I was tuning my setup and I have a replacement on the way. Question being, whats the best way to block off the coolant from getting to the IACV during replacement? Just plug the 2 hoses running to the TB?
If the motor is cool when you replace it..you'll lose only about a TABLESPOON worth of coolant.

If it is hot.. you'll lose about 2 tablespoons worth..

Don't worry about it too much

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
bobbo said:
how do you know your IACV is bad?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd,

The check engine light came on and it threw the code for the IAC. Another way to check to see if your IAC is working is to wait for the car to warm up completely and then unplug the clip going into the IAC and if nothign happens your IAC is shot, if the car runs differently unplugged, then its fine.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
bobbo said:
Todd,

The check engine light came on and it threw the code for the IAC. Another way to check to see if your IAC is working is to wait for the car to warm up completely and then unplug the clip going into the IAC and if nothign happens your IAC is shot, if the car runs differently unplugged, then its fine.
did you try cleaning out the little screen in the IACV before you replaced it? I did and mine started working fine again.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I can give that a shot, I already have a new one on the way, only paid $20 for it so its not a huge loss if I can fix mine. Thanks for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts