Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how i can put another gasket in there the old one broke and i dont wanna spend the money and buy a new one from honda anyone got any ideas on what i can use to make a gasket

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah just spend the money on a new gasket. If you buy the gasket material to cut your own and the time spent it will be cheaper to just buy a gasket.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i bought the gasket and everything is fine now. But now when i start it up when its cold the rpms jump till it warms up. All the vaccum lines are hooked up. I was told to clean out the iacv but that didnt work. What else could it be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haha I had this problem with my 1995 eagle talon tsi...things i checked throttle body, vaccums and iacv...i bought a new iacv for $114 didn't help at all, got to looking at it, my intake had about a 6inch hole in it, i know i should have done it the right way, but instead of replacing the intake i just sealed it and *ka ching*(granted i had a talon and of coarse it was already draining my wallet because those things are crap.) The talon from a cold start would hit about 4k and stay there untill i started rolling. so to shorten this, check your intake, clean the throttle body and if that doesn't work...sorry

·
Registered
242 Posts
do you still want to put the biggest turbo ever on your car and make it go super fast?
anyway...this problem has arose and been solved like eight thousand six hundred thirty four times. FITV. Search it. FAST IDLE THERMO VALVE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts