Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would installing a CAI on an '03 RSX cause any problems with the IAT sensor? About a week after I got it on, I have a "requird maint" light going off, and the guy at autozone said it was my IAT sensor, but could be my map sensor, or something else, and should get it checked further, (money), before throwing parts at the problem. Any advise or similar "learning" experiences? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Well, how hard is it to replace and at what cost? Any pics or engine location advice would be appeciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yea it goes off every so many thousand miles for regular routine maintance.. and then every 10,000 if not reset. if ur car is running fine and not throwing a code than i would just reset it.. it tells u in the manual how to reset it... takes like 5 sec

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out...whenever you disconnect the battery, like, say, to put an aftermarket part on, the ECU goes haywire and gives you shit, like "req' main",
SRS, and ABS lights. This bitch is so "wired to the system" it scares me. :lol EDIT: I went to the Honda place to get it "butlerized", (looked as new afterwards, but it took five hours :lol), but when I was there the techs filled me in on this and fixed it for free, this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts