Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would throw up some pictures of what my shop is up to for the winter. We are currently campaining our #95 car which is a EG that sadly as of right now has the stock D15 installed in it.

Pictures by SpeedwayPerformance - Photobucket

For a little more information about Ice racing here in alberta click here.

Video: Ice Racing

· Registered
10 Posts
I know this is a bit of an old thread. OP, what group/league/association do you run in? I ran an old Ford Probe in some ice races a few years back, but I haven't been able to do it recently because of my work schedule. It's always nice to see someone else into ice racing. :)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
did you see teh neon with the ZOMG WAY TOO FAST FOR REGULAR TRUNK LATCH

lol its in the ice 2009 album.

it loosk fun. but since the cars are FWD, its prolly best your motor is stock. maybe doa few things to add response from it, but no power adders :dunno:

idk maybe power helps,. I dont race around on the ice :lol

which d15 is in there (engine code?)

· Registered
10 Posts
did you see teh neon with the ZOMG WAY TOO FAST FOR REGULAR TRUNK LATCH

lol its in the ice 2009 album.

it loosk fun. but since the cars are FWD, its prolly best your motor is stock. maybe doa few things to add response from it, but no power adders :dunno:

idk maybe power helps,. I dont race around on the ice :lol

which d15 is in there (engine code?)
In an unstudded class, power doesn't do much. I had plenty of success with 100hp. There just isn't enough traction, even with a top-shelf snow tire, to make use of a lot of power.

The hardest thing, I think, is being able to find traction quickly. Between the cars polishing the ice smooth, throwing snow everywhere, and getting stuck, the line changes constantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.