Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through all the "LS/Vtec" threads, and i've seen good things about it, and seen the requirements for a ls/vtec setup, but no where does it say "why" the LS/Vtec is such a great setup.. Can anyone help me out? I'm almost 99% positive that i will be doing a b18c1 swap next month, but I'm still open to new ideas.. thanx.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive always wondered about going frankeinstien... i have heard more good things about it than bad... basically if you find a respected performance shop to do the work then you wont have a problem

·
Registered
64 Posts
The LS has a slighly bigger displacement than the GSR as well as a different crank ratio. Add the bigger displacement with the vtec head and ECU and you have a couple more horsepower and a little more torque. If you just slap a vtec head on an LS bottom end it is cheap to do but isn't going to be reliable. To do it right it cost alot more than just buying a GSR motor. I was going to do a fully built LS Vtec and after spending $3000 on parts and still not having everything I needed I quickly changed my mind. You figure the stock internals of an LS are not meant to spin 8200 rpms. So when you spin them at that rpm repeatedly it causes quicker wear on parts ect... I've seen stock LS bottom ends with a vtec heads slapped on and vtec ecu spin bearings, break rod bolts ect... It is a great combo if you have the money to invest to do it right and if you know of a machine shop that has experince building them. If you don't I wouldn't do it because in the long run you will regret it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts