Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe.
The interior is in super great shape. But the headliner is cracked all over.
Car also needs paint. But if I fix headliner and paint not only do I injoy nicer looking car, but it will be worth way more then I will have into it per Nada ( NADA: Consumer Vehicle Values Consumer Vehicle Values).
So I can just fix it to stock look or for a little less I can do the headliner with a Japanese flag. But I'm not sure if that is a nice fun idea or really stupid value/resell wise.
I'm not leaning in any directions, so I thought I would ask for ideas/thoughts from you folks.
I'm open to other ways to go.
I thank you for your thoughts on this.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the last 35 years I have only sold two vehicles that I have owned. In the 1980's I bought a convertible and sold my daily driver to a neighbor that wanted it. In the 2000 I had a passanger car and a small 2WD SUV. I bought a bigger 4WD SUV and sold the small one.

Every other vehicle I have owned if I no longer had it, it was due to vehicle theft or an accident.

Right now I still have the big SUV, also a 1991 Lexus LS400, and the Honda.

I use the SUV for towing a boat.

The Lexus for trips.

The Honda is a daily driver as it gets the best gas mileage.

No plans on selling it.

The flag idea, is just an idea... Not going crazy to do it.

My own concerns about it are will it hurt the value of the vehicle (I'm really fixing it up and don't want to do something that is a negative), and also if I do it, will I end up sick of it after the novelty wears off.

And that is why I even posted about it. To get other thoughts and maybe even find someone that did it and how it whent for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts