Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed my oil to mobile 1 today and started the car up and it started ideling all wonkie, it idels all low then all of a sudden kicks the engine code in and starts ideling at like 1300, this might have something to do with my map sensor, any help is greatly appreichated!

· Registered
301 Posts
Just from changing the oil??

That seems kind of strange .....

I'd pull the ECU fuse and reset the ECU (about 2-3 minutes off), then start the car, and let it re-learn itself for two minutes. Turn the car back off, and start it again and drive to see if it does anyhting else.

Doesn't make sense that it would get all whacked just from changing the oil .....

· Registered
284 Posts
You could've just knocked a wire loose while changing your oil. On the Si forum a member knocked the pin of the knock sensor off and severed it. He got a check engine light. He also knocked the emissions control wire loose. It can also be a vacuum line knocked off. Take a closer look. Good luck.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car use to have a supercharger on it, and i haven't got the ecu changed back to normal, cause he had the map sensor bypass in it or soemthing, what do i have to do to the ecu to get it back to normal or should i just get a new one!:rolleyes:

· Registered
301 Posts
typeLaw said:
the car use to have a supercharger on it, and i haven't got the ecu changed back to normal, cause he had the map sensor bypass in it or soemthing, what do i have to do to the ecu to get it back to normal or should i just get a new one!:rolleyes:
There's probably your problem. Find someone with a stock R ECU to try and swap it out to see if it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.